Grille restoration

-

nitrojunkee

Reaction score
I have a couple grilles for my '67 Dart that are in decent shape, but have been painted silver and somewhat nicked up. Does anyone know of a good place I could send them to and have them restored and re-chromed?

I don't know about rechroming but Leanna does a geat job with super chrome.
( powder coating )

Attachments

• 002 (3).JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 374
You wouldn't beleave the compliments I've gotten. I think stripping the black paint off and going straight Super Chome did alot for it. most people don't catch the change.

Wow, that looks great! Yeah, I'll need to be getting in touch with her...Thanks!

Thanks nitrojunkee! :-D

You wouldn't beleave the compliments I've gotten. I think stripping the black paint off and going straight Super Chome did alot for it. most people don't catch the change.

Awesome! As long as you're happy, that's what matters to me.

I have a couple grilles for my '67 Dart that are in decent shape, but have been painted silver and somewhat nicked up. Does anyone know of a good place I could send them to and have them restored and re-chromed?

They are not originally chromed.

They were originally Bright Dipped. It's like an anodizing but it has brighteners in it and more protective than anodizing. It's not technically anodizing. Someone will have to remove the old bright dip with hand applications of Lye or have a plating place dip it. Then straighten and polish the grille and Bright Dip it again. Then the black out pattern needs to be reapplied. Bright dipping it about as expensive as rechroming and hard to find somone with a large vat for large pieces.

Many people just straighten and polish their aluminum and don't put the bright dip back on. Looks very good, but you have to maintain it more by polishhing it. And it will get road nicks easier and dull faster. For cars driven on weekends and garaged it's not a big deal.

-
Back