grinding noise??

-

sthorvictor75du

Reaction score
ok whenever i turn my wheel and the car is moving, there sometimes is a grinding noise in the front of the car, ive looked everywhere for whats causing it but i cant seem to find anything can anyone help me??

if you have headers check where the drag link passes thru the headers and check inside the wheel wells for loose innerfenders rubbing. other than that youl have to give a better description

haha ok i mainly notice it when i hit a bump and the wheels are turned and its a grinding between metal and something...its loud and noticable but i dont feel anything in the steering wheel..

Some 411 here. Car in your avatar? Make it or buy it? If ya made it, parts ya used. Could be any number of things that could be fixed for a little of nothin. Let us know.

Check around your bushings. My k-frame had a crack around the left lcr bushing,that caused a sound like you're describing. Had a heck of a time figureing it out. Mechanic buddy of mine said that was not uncommon on our cars.

made it, and we didnt touch anything on the suspension other than shocks, torsion bars (from a 72-3 duster), disk brake conversion (from a dart im not shure what year), and wheels and tires, and the body work around the fenders are all original

what did the crack look like was it small, large, noticable or not?? i only really notice it when the car rolls over a bump or something it rarely happens when i just turn..

Has it done it since you converted to disc brakes. Check to see if the calipers might be hitting something like possibly the sway bar. It seems I read some past threads about calipers hitting sway bars on disc conversion.

Chuck

its done it since...i only drove it 500 meters 5 years ago with the drums...its nore of a grinding noise though not a click or stiffness, its two parts rubbing together or scraping, ive looked at the rubber, and the rims seem to be getting clearance..

-
Back