Ground clearance & Torsion Bars

-

Richie

Reaction score
How much ground clearance does your Dart? I'd say my pan has about 2 1/2 inches. I've got 14" rallye wheels with high profile tires. Is that low? When installing torsion bars do you fit them in with some torque twisted on them or none at all...I was wondering about that for a long time. Maybe I can get some higher tires. It scares me when I'm driving the company truck in town and see these bumps and holes and think to my self..there goes the pan :sad6:

One thing I should say is that there is nothing wrong with the torsion bar mounts because they were redone, they haven't turned or anything like that.

Well by what I've been reading...all over the place...I think the kid that had the car before me adjusted the ride height. He was going to gut the car out and race it. I've seen pics of it before he had it and it does look different.

t-bar adjusters are the bolt sticking down from inside the lower control arm. just turn them clockwise until the front is where you want it. don't forget to bounce the car a little after each turn or so to settle the car to new ride height.

..these bolts

0606091807b.jpg

-
Back