GTS vinyl roof emblem

-

JKrebs

68 GTS
Reaction score
I'm looking to see if there is a trick for removing the vinyl roof emblem on my 68 dart. I am prepping for a new roof and I would rather not have to get into taking down the headliner to get to the back of the emblem. I might just cut around it and leave it to the upholstery guy who is going to install the new roof but I feel like a douche showing up with it less than 100% ready. Any Ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20160306_112043.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 139
He is going to have to remove the headliner anyway to remove them so what is the difference?

I was throwing the question out to see if there was some trick that someone might know about to keep from having to remove the headliner but still get the nuts off of the back of the emblem.

I vaguely remember thinking maybe i could get to it from either through the trunk or with the rear door panel off. Can't remember which one, never tried it, but it was a thought when I was working in the area...

I do have the door panel off and the trunk is a no go. I stuck a camera up and had a look (I can see it) at it but I guess there is no other option but to pull the headliner down. I hate to do it because it looks really good. Thanks for your thoughts.

Isn't the headliner glued along the lower portion of the sail panel?

If so, you may be able to separate the headliner starting at the base of the sail panel right near the top of that back seat.

It is glued along the bottom and I did get the liner off but there is a cardboard filler behind the liner. The liner is not glued to it but the cardboard extends the full length of the sail panel.

I don't see how you can easily (if at all) remove it without taking down the headliner.

I believe this to be the case. It's just a shame to have to take down the liner to get to these little emblems. Oh well If I wanted easy I would have an old Chevy in the garage. Some things are worth the effort. Thanks!

-
Back