Guess my Dyno results

-
That's excellent! I thought the elevation would hurt you more than that! Plus, the fact that you hadn't sorted it all out yet would keep the power down. Way to go. Those heads must be great!

it's showing corrected numbers unless it a sheet unlike any other.

Applied a 10.2% correction factor.

so if you don't mind me asking how much doe have you got in that mill??

so if you don't mind me asking how much doe have you got in that mill??

Off the top of my head about 13k from carb to pan. I actually spent about 2k more then that after being ripped off by a member here, in order to fix/replace some parts.

Like I have been saying, those Lunati Voodoo solid roller cams KICK A$$$. Coupled with our lifters, its a win win for any Mopar.

Good job, its a real torque Monster!

It does look like its running fat. And why, may I ask, did you make the dyno runs at 140* oil and water temp? Your never going to see that on the street. When its in the car running 180+* your going to be running even fatter.

it's showing corrected numbers unless it a sheet unlike any other.

Applied a 10.2% correction factor.

Yes it is - the big "C" ahead of the HP & TQ readings indicate that it is the case.

I don't think it was wasted :mrgreen:,,,except for the part where I got ripped off on my heads and had to spend a bunch more money on them thanks to that waste of skin Marks340

That might have came off a little harsh, but if I had bolted on the indy heads on my motor, and ran more compression like yours I'd be disappointed.

That might have came off a little harsh, but if I had bolted on the indy heads on my motor, and ran more compression like yours I'd be disappointed.

It did, and I bolted on mystery heads (as far as porting and flow) because I was tired of sinking money into my car last year. I actually have no idea how much porting was even done, my guess the loser who sold them only polished off the rough cast. cc's for each head didn't match up, not even close so to save money we milled a few thou off one side to get it "close enough", and this took me out of the pump gas range. I think I will swap these heads next winter for pumpgas friendly ones. And he never sent me the intake at all so its a 50/50 rough cast in plenum/runners and my own port matching which aint bad. So for 604.7HP with this combo I was more then please :)
I guess that makes sense if the HP is corrected to sea level, then no matter where you live everyone is playing on an even field. Wonder what I actually get at my 2500', is it that 10.1% less like mentioned and where did that number come from crackedback?
I had an oil leak smoking up the dyno room as well, prolly didn't help my numbers sucking that it.

Find the line starting with "Baro"

The last piece of data in the line is C.F. (correction factor) = 1.102 That means the observed ratings where multipied by 1.102 or an increase of 10.2%

Dang! That's one nice small block! Are those the numbers at the wheels or was it on a run stand?

Its at the crank.

dynoov.jpg

dyno1i.jpg

So what's the correction factor for? Did the dyno really measure 542 hp and correct for altitude or what? I don't know much about dynos obviously.

Oh ol. Well those are good numbers in my book. I'm getting anxious now to get mine back together and see what it does!

I saw on another post you mention using the same Lunati cam I've got, did you dyno your 416? Or just waiting to figure it out with some track numbers?

The motor will get run in the drag Demon next, no dyno planned but may put on a wideband bung and run it on a chassis dyno to verify the carb jetting with the new cam / heads.

MAN ...congratulation, very BBB Bad ... how do I look in green!! lol

590hp/575tq
lol.. I read the rest of the post after posting this...lol.
Not a bad set of numbers you got there.

It did, and I bolted on mystery heads (as far as porting and flow) because I was tired of sinking money into my car last year. I actually have no idea how much porting was even done, my guess the loser who sold them only polished off the rough cast. cc's for each head didn't match up, not even close so to save money we milled a few thou off one side to get it "close enough", and this took me out of the pump gas range. I think I will swap these heads next winter for pumpgas friendly ones. And he never sent me the intake at all so its a 50/50 rough cast in plenum/runners and my own port matching which aint bad. So for 604.7HP with this combo I was more then please :)
I guess that makes sense if the HP is corrected to sea level, then no matter where you live everyone is playing on an even field. Wonder what I actually get at my 2500', is it that 10.1% less like mentioned and where did that number come from crackedback?
I had an oil leak smoking up the dyno room as well, prolly didn't help my numbers sucking that it.

Are these heads the Rect. port style? If so, and they were lightly hand ported then I'd say not too bad...if they were the cnc 230 Oval port heads...well that just can't be!
Brian

Are these heads the Rect. port style? If so, and they were lightly hand ported then I'd say not too bad...if they were the cnc 230 Oval port heads...well that just can't be!
Brian

These are the 180cc non cnc'd oval ports. I'm assuming the 180cc because these weren't CNC'd and that is their only option for oval ports on Indys website. Below is a test sheet, allegedly from my heads, but sent from a guy who turns out would later rip me off. So who knows if they flow that well or not. When I had my machinist go thru the heads I found out the scumbag seller wasn't so hot with the diegrinder cause he messed up several off the valve jobs.
I few other pics of heads

indy3602flowsheet001.jpg

indyheads3.jpg

indyheads4.jpg

indy3602ported016.jpg

That's good power then based on those heads, and no they don't flow that much air! Those flow #'s are closer to the 230cc cnc ported ovals.
But still makes good power from a small port!

That would be why a bigger carb would maybe not help much. I'll bet there is 40+HP left in those heads so keep that in mind. Overall not too bad IMO.
Brian

-
Back