Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Man I am out for a day or two and you boys put up some great photos and conversation. We have been working with one of the iconic landmarks here in Arkansas. It is a huge church in Little Rock. We have been working with their safety team all last week in preparation of a VIP. A past President visited the church for a memorial service. It was a hot mess. Church is huge. About nine million doors and a total rat maze inside. Everything went smooth as silk. Great Team. Of course this type of visitor brought his own detail. True professionals. Made me glad I am just a simple door kicker!

Since we need to see more dogs on here, this is a slice of what passes for normal around my place...

Me: I'll just clean up all these leaves into a nice neat pile.

Dog: Thanks for the brand new place I can flop down into and get filthy!

View attachment 1716153809
Put down the rake and grab a brush!

What a fur ball! I bet she is melting hearts every where she goes.
She sure does. The Bernese Mountain Dogs are very social. This is their third. The last one died unexpectedly at 4 years old. They don't live very long anyway.
I remember one time, the previous dog would not stop barking. I was visiting outside with the man of the house. The dog was outside with us but barking at the front door incessantly. Finally, the woman came to investigate and the dog quit barking. We figured the dog was wanting her to know that I had come to visit.

Dogs are without a doubt, my favorite thing in the world. Here's four of our kids, we no longer have the pleasure of their company.....

post dogs[4] on bed 7-2009.jpg

The place that heat treats their barrels sent them back a ton of bad barrels. Mine was under recall, Kel Tec was great about the whole thing, they paid for shipping and insurance both ways , replaced the barrel, test fired it, cleaned it and sent it back. They even tossed in a free mag for my inconvenience., I talked to a gal down there when I sent mine in, she said they had about 22,000 barrels to change out at that time.

Oh, and get at least one 33 round glock mag (happy stick) for a little added fun, it's nothing to go through a couple hundred rounds just plinking around with it, lol. If you do get the larger mag, do yourself a favor and get one of these(Maglula Uplula), your thumbs will thank you.

Best Pistol Magazine Speed Loaders [Hands-On Tested]
I got one of the maglulas for my AK, took a little of adjusting but works well

I probably should pick up another brick of 9mm before certain current events run the price up again, and that 30 round mag sounds like a must

I'm glad to hear their customer service is good, I hope to never need it

I had a small issue with my boys Henry, and they sent out a new barrel, no questions asked

I got one of the maglulas for my AK, took a little of adjusting but works well

I probably should pick up another brick of 9mm before certain current events run the price up again, and that 30 round mag sounds like a must

I'm glad to hear their customer service is good, I hope to never need it

I had a small issue with my boys Henry, and they sent out a new barrel, no questions asked
Henry is a great company as are most gun manufacturers. Good call on stocking up. What brand are you buying? I'm new to the 9mm round.

Henry is a great company as are most gun manufacturers. Good call on stocking up. What brand are you buying? I'm new to the 9mm round.
Normally I get blazer or Winchester, last week they dropped down to 24 cents a round
Today...29 is the cheapest I'm seeing

But im not picky, I'll grab whatever I can afford

Even the aluminum cartridges see to do fine in all my pistols

I am looking at ammo and have noticed that the 9 MM aluminum and steel cased shells are Berdan primed. I realize the steel and aluminum are not reloadable and Berdan adds to that but why are they using Berdan in these shells? Is it because Berdan is a better primer system and the casings will not be reloaded anyway?

Normally I get blazer or Winchester, last week they dropped down to 24 cents a round

Blazer aluminum will fail to fire in my Coonan 357.

Thought to stock up on 410 too. Wow!!! One buck a shell. Man am I out of the loop. That is absurd.

I've been looking at the Coonan for a while. How do you like it? I have a couple of 357 wheel guns and a cowboy carbine. Interested in trying it in an auto
Its a good gun. It has a pretty harsh recoil, especially compared to a 45 but it is really accurate. A little heavy for EDC. Never any feed issues with good ammo but like I said, the cheap blazer does fail to feed. If you are really on top of it, the blazer will feed but if you get a little weak in the wrist it will stove pipe on ya. Mags are stupid expensive.

Its a good gun. It has a pretty harsh recoil, especially compared to a 45 but it is really accurate. A little heavy for EDC. Never any feed issues with good ammo but like I said, the cheap blazer does fail to feed. If you are really on top of it, the blazer will feed but if you get a little weak in the wrist it will stove pipe on ya. Mags are stupid expensive.
I swear i can get 8 in that mag. Still working on it. lol It comes with a tool that slides into the mag follower to assist in loading the magazines. Thats cool too.

Everyone I know that has a Coonan swears by them and they will not part with it. No matter how much you beg. Ask me how I know!

Lots of great and rare handguns are I believe, more for collecting....and not so much for shooting. Parts can be impossible.

PSA boys,
ammo is going to get tight again. Hornady had an explosion at their plant that resulted in a fatality, Salt Lake has ceased shipping to civilian market and is focused on military only until further notice, and Israel has followed suit, basically feeding their own due to situation there. On bright side I just got done mounting an echo 3 thermal on my FN 308. It is technically a Winchester Super X AR but it is made by FN. shoots very nicely but finding magazines is a pain!

IMG_0540.jpeg

All my quality firearms, shoot anything I've thrown at them for ammo. I quit buying that older green-box Remington, as it wouldn't cycle a couple of my handguns. It was dirty and under-loaded. Guess that's why it was so cheap when I bought it. I gave away a couple cases of 40-cal to friends.

-
Back