Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
When you get frustrated and bone weary of puppy nonsense I always tell myself (as convincingly as possible) that they are like children. If you don’t make the effort and investment when they are little you get what you get when they get older. But man it is hard to see when you are beat and simply want to sleep. Our pup has an absolute knack for waiting till I am deep sleep to want something. She is getting better everyday but holy smokes I had forgotten the energy it took to invest in a pup.
Yeah I agree with what you're saying. I won't let these puppies beat me though, but they will make me a better person for sure, new responsibility causes personal growth and I'm excited to see these girls grow.

Todays event, but getting better every day. Rescue pups are just exactly that!

IMG_9863.jpeg

When you get frustrated and bone weary of puppy nonsense I always tell myself (as convincingly as possible) that they are like children. If you don’t make the effort and investment when they are little you get what you get when they get older. But man it is hard to see when you are beat and simply want to sleep. Our pup has an absolute knack for waiting till I am deep sleep to want something. She is getting better everyday but holy smokes I had forgotten the energy it took to invest in a pup.
As someone who has children, there are few things that annoy me more then people elevating pets to a status equal with children

And if someone has "fur babies" I know for a fact, I do not need them in my life

As someone who has children, there are few things that annoy me more then people elevating pets to a status equal with children

And if someone has "fur babies" I know for a fact, I do not need them in my life
I was not implying my K9s are my children. They are working dogs. It was an analogy. Simply drawing the comparison to training both kids and dogs early.

Get back to us when your kids are in their late teens, the dog may sound better at that time. lol
If you could imagine my household, a Marine, a wife raised by a Marine and 3 sons.
I'm just now getting done with all the house repairs as my youngest son turned 18 six years ago. lol
Now it's me, the wife and our mini Aussie.

Why do you let what people think of the status of their pets annoy you ?
Isn't that sort of petty ?

Course it is, but I got a pretty good life, I ain't got any real problems

But really "irks" is a better word
Oh yeah, I know the feeling. But with different stuff

Last edited:
28 hours since being a puppy owner, the **** just got real...lol. up 4 times from 10 pm to 6 am.
Glad I have a wife to help and remind her she wanted them really bad

Four cats, now three and the only reason I get up during the night is to pee or get a drink of water. I kinda like it that way.

Four cats, now three and the only reason I get up during the night is to pee or get a drink of water. I kinda like it that way.
Yep, it's a biggggg difference from just 4 cats.
These pups are a handful especially after dark

Yep, it's a biggggg difference from just 4 cats.
These pups are a handful especially after dark
In the actual house we put in dog doors so I do not have to become the door man! Down in the shop I would have every creature known to man coming thru.so we are tufing it out till big house gets done. I have grown quite fond of living in the shop tho! Told her I may never move up the hill! I will spare you the response! Suffice to say it was laced with adjectives and questioned both my lineage and pedigree!

Our dogs, are our kids. However, they behave better than most children, and love unconditionally. Sad to say goodbye to them, but we rescue another...
These 4 are no longer with us.

post dogs at garage Trinny with stick.jpg

anyone have any thoughts on the heritage .22 revolvers?

View attachment 1716060637
Took about a month, but I got one

I think it took me 4 tries to buy this one

1st, I showed up 20 minutes before closing and we made a deal, but couldn't do the paper work

2nd, for whatever reason the paperwork didn't go through, something about my A number

3rd, showed up with green card and CPL, but the guy who was supposed to do the paperwork was in the ER with his daughter

4th, finally got the paperwork in the computer and waited on the approval, which of course didn't come back anytime soon

5th, when the approval finally came through I went to pick it up, $100 out the door

(Pay no mind to that railroad Spike underneath it, my boy left his forge unattended and so I played with that a little this morning)

20230426_143346.jpg

Went and did some shooting with the former Marine I work with. He helped me with my grip on the .40 M&P Shield (I was rotating the gun as I shot), and showed me an improved stance with rifles. I claimed to be a hack shooter, but I was hitting most of my shots on the 1/2" steel plate we were using. I love open sights, but got to try out my friends AR with optics, it was a nail driver. I look forward to shooting with him again, and learning more ways to improve as a shooter.

PXL_20230426_210352271.jpg

Went and did some shooting with the former Marine I work with. He helped me with my grip on the .40 M&P Shield (I was rotating the gun as I shot), and showed me an improved stance with rifles. I claimed to be a hack shooter, but I was hitting most of my shots on the 1/2" steel plate we were using. I love open sights, but got to try out my friends AR with optics, it was a nail driver. I look forward to shooting with him again, and learning more ways to improve as a shooter.

View attachment 1716082693
Looks like a great day of learning! Plus you got some trigger time! Just an all around Fun day!

I was the black powder buyer for my reenactment company... I bought powder in about 100 to 150 pound increments. In 2021 it was getting difficult to find 3f ... Swiss stuff was too expensive and the scrapple crap fouled the muskets so bad I refused to buy it. I do hope they up production. I keep a few pounds around as backup
Long article in yesterdays WSJ. Estes had another setback when a main water line broke. But it seems like they still are trying to get fully on-line this summer.

Another long day on the horizon for me tomorrow. I get to travel and work a quasi IDPA and steel challenge match. No shooting for me, well unless you count me shooting off my mouth doing safety briefings and all things safety for the Match Director. Part of my community service charter. A Competition Club (Razorback Dynamics) is having an open house for the public to expose new shooters to the sport. Each participant is allowed to shoot a stage free of charge and experience a timer and match protocols in a non competitive setting. I fear I am going to have my hands full on safety aspect. What could possibly go wrong? A bunch of amped up folks with a pistol in their hand and no experience? I think it is a very cool concept for the Club trying to reach apprehensive new shooters.

Another long day on the horizon for me tomorrow. I get to travel and work a quasi IDPA and steel challenge match. No shooting for me, well unless you count me shooting off my mouth doing safety briefings and all things safety for the Match Director. Part of my community service charter. A Competition Club (Razorback Dynamics) is having an open house for the public to expose new shooters to the sport. Each participant is allowed to shoot a stage free of charge and experience a timer and match protocols in a non competitive setting. I fear I am going to have my hands full on safety aspect. What could possibly go wrong? A bunch of amped up folks with a pistol in their hand and no experience? I think it is a very cool concept for the Club trying to reach apprehensive new shooters.
Hopefully, most of the public that are there are required to bring their own firearms, meaning hopefully they have some basic knowledge of safety, at the least! And as you say it's non-competitive but it is on a timer so people may be a little antsy... But Hell Brother, that's your Forte not mine I'm just trying to look at it from a different angle I'm hoping everything goes well for you and everyone else there, if you have to give them the Marine Corps drill instructor routine on safety multiple times maybe you can drill some safety into some people's heads and I imagine if someone acts too dumb they'll be ejected from there. I would also think if you're the safety man maybe someone should be on the front line slightly behind the shooter to kind of school them before they're even allowed to fire or else if they act too stupid send em to the back of the line, until they complete a brief training course or something...

Well I made it thru yesterday. I gave just under 100 safety briefings throughout the day, complete with Blue gun demos. I was wiped out when I got home last night. Nobody got shot, we had no ADs nobody bled and heat exhaustion was not an issue. Just a great time and a lot of participants. It was a neat concept for the club to do. The great majority of shooters were the perfect target audience. I have no idea how many memberships the club sold but it was a bunch. Folks had a great time. Several female shooters as well. That is one of the fastest growing segments in the sport. The steel challenge bays were the most popular. I am going to relax and watch hockey today. May not even get out of my Jammie’s!

Well I made it thru yesterday. I gave just under 100 safety briefings throughout the day, complete with Blue gun demos. I was wiped out when I got home last night. Nobody got shot, we had no ADs nobody bled and heat exhaustion was not an issue. Just a great time and a lot of participants. It was a neat concept for the club to do. The great majority of shooters were the perfect target audience. I have no idea how many memberships the club sold but it was a bunch. Folks had a great time. Several female shooters as well. That is one of the fastest growing segments in the sport. The steel challenge bays were the most popular. I am going to relax and watch hockey today. May not even get out of my Jammie’s!
Sounds like Y'all had a great day!

Couldn’t find fiber optic sights to fit on a picatinny rail so I made my own. I formed a piece of wood to fit the rail, milled some aluminum for front and rear sights. Then installed fiber optic tubes. This is on a KSG.
YOTE

22511DD1-BE38-456F-A9CC-B5AB698053CB.jpeg

A7785E35-4EEC-4AAC-B362-B9BF8B8C56DF.jpeg

56A0AD54-3936-48F8-80F0-4454C32F0F81.jpeg

Couldn’t find fiber optic sights to fit on a picatinny rail so I made my own. I formed a piece of wood to fit the rail, milled some aluminum for front and rear sights. Then installed fiber optic tubes. This is on a KSG.
YOTE

View attachment 1716085305

View attachment 1716085306

View attachment 1716085307
What is not to like? Gearheads will be gearheads! The guys on this Forum will hot rod anything! Well done guy! It will be interesting to see the effects heat has on the material?

So it is pouring down rain today so figured I would work on my presentation mechanics and some speed holster work. Dry fire is a thing. On serious note if you do not dry fire practice you should really give it a try. It costs nothing but your time. Remember not to dry fire your 22s and always, always,do it somewhere without access to ammunition. In NRA speak you should not even be in the same room as the ammo. And obviously ensure your firearm is unloaded prior to starting the exercise. I am working at ten yards today.

IMG_3906.jpeg

-
Back