Morning all you Deer hunters!

View attachment 1716158041

4EE4FA95-3601-489F-8B8A-9B3E5C499758.jpeg

E5E47C6B-0DEF-4736-9882-4B641A572020.jpeg

5403AE82-C0E9-43AF-9881-416C326DCAE7.jpeg

Never heard that minute term before
But it sure is a fun gun

(I understand why my boy wanted one)
It is a play on words vs the MOA minute of angle which is the gold standard for rifle accuracy. As a Marine we were a bit less concerned about a sub one, basically multiple shots inside one square inch at 100 yards. Not to say it is not important but for door kickers we just wanted to be inside shoulder blades, thus minute of man. Just another example of the dark humor men/women in uniform revert to.

Aerial platform shooting is an aquired skill, especially in low light. At least precision... Gas gun preferred. I've tried a bolt gun and it sucks
All gas today no bolts. Beginners only today. No where near ready for night shooting. It takes almost a full day of just teaching them how to get in and out safely prior to trying it at night. many dry runs in the daylight. It is eye opening for folks as to @WV64Signet point it is not nearly as easy as TV makes it look. and it is a perishable skill!

Today was a hodgepodge of Instructors from all over, kind of a who’s who if you will for Mid South. Myself And another instructor who I have shared a lot of time with side by side shooting got to talking smack at each other as we got pooled together running Carbines today for a couple hundred folks. Long story short he threw down the gauntlet and challenged me to run the 10x10x10 pistol drill in Nods. it will be a hoot. Last time we ran it he did it in low sevens and I ran a 6.013. But he has more time in Nods as that is his specialty training area. I think he will smoke me. We have a lot of fun shooting together. Like any skilled environment you get to a certain point and ya kinda all know each other. We may not see each other for a year but can pickup right where we left off and not skip a beat. Good people.

All gas today no bolts. Beginners only today. No where near ready for night shooting. It takes almost a full day of just teaching them how to get in and out safely prior to trying it at night. many dry runs in the daylight. It is eye opening for folks as to @WV64Signet point it is not nearly as easy as TV makes it look. and it is a perishable skill!

I think most people underestimate the round count requirement for (what I understand, to be) proficiency.

I used to burn more than 1000 rounds a week and I wasn't "good"

It has been a whirl wind kind of week, and tomorrow we are driving to Hot Springs to work with a school safety team For three days. On plus side I ran into a buddy this week that is always a hoot. We bonded long time ago when I was wiping him down like a dirty fender with a very cold water bottle. Holding anything cold we had on his neck head and torso trying to lower his CBT (core body temp) We been buddies ever since! Hah! That will make sense to some of you and some of you will think I am a nut job! Anyway, he is a great guy and an excellent shooter.

Day three, it is always a challenge to train school administrators and educators in self defense. During AAR yesterday I asked what was your biggest takeaway from the day, almost in unison the ladies said they are coming back today with some trimmed fingernails. Not exactly the feedback I was looking for but it is legit! By end of day almost all of them both men and women had bandaids here or there on their hands. Not from injury or slide bite but because the pistol was roughly textured where it met their skin. Several of them had never held a pistol in their life before. By the end of the day they are drawing from holster, clearing malfunctions, moving laterally and doing reloads without looking at the pistol. It is very cool watching the students evolve and learn. The transformation is dramatic. Neat to be a part of it. They each shot aprox 500 rounds yesterday.

Day three, it is always a challenge to train school administrators and educators in self defense. During AAR yesterday I asked what was your biggest takeaway from the day, almost in unison the ladies said they are coming back today with some trimmed fingernails. Not exactly the feedback I was looking for but it is legit! By end of day almost all of them both men and women had bandaids here or there on their hands. Not from injury or slide bite but because the pistol was roughly textured where it met their skin. Several of them had never held a pistol in their life before. By the end of the day they are drawing from holster, clearing malfunctions, moving laterally and doing reloads without looking at the pistol. It is very cool watching the students evolve and learn. The transformation is dramatic. Neat to be a part of it. They each shot aprox 500 rounds yesterday.

Loading mags... that'll chew fingers

In our attempt to be more kind and gentle instructors we all carry several mag loaders in our range bags and let them use them. Amazing how many come up missing at end of week. We spray paint them garishly in an attempt to retain them.
To no avail

Need to chain a 2x4 to them :rolleyes:

Range days with MP5 were the worst. Lol

Oh, and taking concealed carry with my wife this weekend! We've owned the pistol a few years, took a class, couldn't find a convenient range to keep up practice. Found one a couple weeks back, super-stoked!

-
Back