Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Lost my little girl yesterday, after 13 years she just couldn’t do it anymore. She was my shotgun on many trucking trips, and out in the oil fields. Loved riding in my hot rods the best. Will be missed.

View attachment 1716221104
I never had a dog until I started dating my wife. She got him the week after we meet. He’s been around for almost 6 years and I don’t know how I’m doing to handle it when he goes. If it’s anything like losing a loved one then time is the only thing that will help.

Lost my little girl yesterday, after 13 years she just couldn’t do it anymore. She was my shotgun on many trucking trips, and out in the oil fields. Loved riding in my hot rods the best. Will be missed.

View attachment 1716221104
O man that hurts, there is just no way to describe that pain to someone who has not experienced it. The sorrow is so hard you swear you will never get another dog again so as to not relive it. You hold firm for awhile, then some small wiggly fur ball with tiny sharp teeth gives you “the look” and ya got another one. We are preparing for the same thing with Hemi, she is 12 and at just over 100 pounds she is rapidly losing her mobility. I have already made arrangements with our long time vet and he will come to the house anytime day or night to help us thru what needs to be done. I am getting tears in my eyes even writing this but it is inevitable as the wheel of time respects no one. Prayers for ya guy

I just could not have the last post so morose without adding some upbeat dog news to leave on a happy thought. I am fixing to spend the day on a tractor building blue berry terrace so I will leave you guys with this. Our Mal pup is working thru her rescue baggage and is finally really settling in. This is a good sign and how she now naps.
Thinking of ya @jaws

IMG_4746.jpeg

I never had a dog until I started dating my wife. She got him the week after we meet. He’s been around for almost 6 years and I don’t know how I’m doing to handle it when he goes. If it’s anything like losing a loved one then time is the only thing that will help.
Not an easy way to put it but it sucks!! Had to put a few pets down and it isn't easy but it is humane, and it is what's best for them... Just be there and not just drop them off... That is despicable.

Not an easy way to put it but it sucks!! Had to put a few pets down and it isn't easy but it is humane, and it is what's best for them... Just be there and not just drop them off... That is despicable.

We have had cats growing up. One we had for 16 years. But I really wasn’t bothered when we put them down. It’s going to be different with the dog though.

We have had cats growing up. One we had for 16 years. But I really wasn’t bothered when we put them down. It’s going to be different with the dog though.
It'll suck bigtime.

I am working on buying a shotgun from a guy in Florida. So far no love. Tomorrow is a new day. I fear he is looking for a bidding war, in which case I will simply bow out. I have neither the patience nor temperament for that stuff. He just listed it today. We will see.

I am working on buying a shotgun from a guy in Florida. So far no love. Tomorrow is a new day. I fear he is looking for a bidding war, in which case I will simply bow out. I have neither the patience nor temperament for that stuff. He just listed it today. We will see.
Hate it

I'm the kinda guy, if I am willing to pay asking price, I expect to get it

I hate sellers like that!!!! Ran into one last year, 1974 Dart w/340 auto 1/4 mile from my house. A really nice car, great paint etc. Was willing to pay asking price for it and when I contacted him a second time, he said "someone from RI is willing to give me more than what I'm asking for"... I said, "really?? Sight unseen"!!? He said, "What do you want to do?" I said, "sell it to him".
Car never left the yard and he had to store it another winter. So basically, a lie to try and get more $$ from me. JACKASS!!!
Back to Marketplace and found the vehicle in my avatar.

I hate sellers like that!!!! Ran into one last year, 1974 Dart w/340 auto 1/4 mile from my house. A really nice car, great paint etc. Was willing to pay asking price for it and when I contacted him a second time, he said "someone from RI is willing to give me more than what I'm asking for"... I said, "really?? Sight unseen"!!? He said, "What do you want to do?" I said, "sell it to him".
Car never left the yard and he had to store it another winter. So basically, a lie to try and get more $$ from me. JACKASS!!!
Back to Marketplace and found the vehicle in my avatar.
My thoughts exactly!

What kind of shotgun are you looking at?

What kind of shotgun are you looking at?
It is a Browning O/U Ultra XT 32 inch 12ga. Adjustable comb and butt, Briley choke tubes, back bored, high rib. Looks like I have to retire my little Browning 20. I am about to start shooting handicap so that means they move me further away from trap house. My 20 is great competing with the 12s at sixteen yards but I suffer when I get moved further back. Just plain physics. Arghh!

I love a 20 gage, possibly my favorite, and to add to this post my 9mm carbine is a true straight shooter, open sites at 47 yards standing no prop is feeling great, 1 3/4 circle consistently, love the balance for my 5'7" 196 frame

Typically they are pretty agreeable to civilian teams. In fact the last one I competed in the RO busted my nuts for what he called “ classic Marine Corps posture. I explained I came home alive utilizing this very same posture so he could just shut the F up. Suffice to say I held my own in the competition. I did not win but I darn sure did not embarrass myself!

Typically they are pretty agreeable to civilian teams. In fact the last one I competed in the RO busted my nuts for what he called “ classic Marine Corps posture. I explained I came home alive utilizing this very same posture so he could just shut the F up. Suffice to say I held my own in the competition. I did not win but I darn sure did not embarrass myself!

I always get picked out in classes... can't unlearn some things after that many evolutions

-
Back