Guys With Factory Go Wing Cars Please Look Here <<<<<<<<<

-

BigStrok3

Mopar!
Reaction score
I bought a cheaper repo go wing from a local guy and im needing to know the measurments on where to mount it on my trunk lid and also the measurments of the space between the pedastles to see if mine mounts up in the original spot. Thanks in advance.

im not at my car right now contact butterduster, great member giles usually is up on those measurments giles might have them not too sure

Does your trunk lid have the cut outs for the pedestal mounts? If so I think you can measure off of the hardware required to install.

I know there is a thread somewhere here that details the install.

Good luck. Aloha!

PS I got mine from ebay for about 130. then the mounts were about 50-60. Measured 100 time before I drilled..then started small and slowly drilled bigger...

I have this if it helps any.

spoiler.jpg

Jump all over that one Burntorange70 :-D

I have this if it helps any :toothy10::toothy10:=D&gt;:thumleft:

My car didnt come with one from the factory so I will have to cut and drill everything. The chart helps me on where to mount would still like to find out the distance inbetween the pedastles.

I'm sorry, I saw this thread late last night, I was going to get those dimensions for you (I forgot).

The ones that Burntorange70 posted do appear to be correct, I can verify for you tomorrow.

As far as the distance between the pedestals, use Burnt's "B" dimension, multiply by 2, then substract that amount from the full width of the trunk lid.
The remainder will be the distance between the pedastals.

12 9/16" (12.5625) x 2 = 25.125 (12 1/8") minus trunk width...

I will post the measurements tomorrow, if they are different then Burnt's.

All the best,
Giles

the legs are 35 3/4 inch wide the fords are 32 5/8 wide i'll sell you a factory lid for 75.00 with the cut outs mike

The correct hole locations have been posted, do you need to cut the openings for the brackets also? That can be a chore...
View attachment 77177

I can get you measurements for those as well, if need be.

Let me know.

sorry if i put ya on the spot there giles i just know ur good with giving out great info
I'm sorry, I saw this thread late last night, I was going to get those dimensions for you (I forgot).

The ones that Burntorange70 posted do appear to be correct, I can verify for you tomorrow.

As far as the distance between the pedestals, use Burnt's "B" dimension, multiply by 2, then substract that amount from the full width of the trunk lid.
The remainder will be the distance between the pedastals.

12 9/16" (12.5625) x 2 = 25.125 (12 1/8") minus trunk width...

I will post the measurements tomorrow, if they are different then Burnt's.

All the best,
Giles

Yes ill also have to cut the openings for the brackets if you wouldnt mind getting the measurements i'd appreciate it.

sorry if i put ya on the spot there giles i just know ur good with giving out great info

No need to apologize, I probably was one of the first to read the post @ 1:15am, I had every intention (at the time) to get the info to him first thing in the morning, I must be slipping :cry:.

But as usual there is always someone in this forum that will come forward with some help.

I'll for sure try to get you some measurements for the "cut out" area, bare with me, tomorrow is a tight schedule, but I'll give it a shot.

Giles

If not tomorrow dont worry. Any time is good I dont plan on putting this on for another couple days anyways. Thanks for your help.

First place auto products offers a molded template for the cut out, for the Duster, Demon, Dart Sport decklids, to simplify this process. These templates fit the underside of the decklid exactly for a precise and factory correct location and cut. They're $30 a pair and can be used over and over again. Here's a link.

http://www.firstplaceauto.com/catalog.htm

First place auto products offers a molded template for the cut out, for the Duster, Demon, Dart Sport decklids, to simplify this process. These templates fit the underside of the decklid exactly for a precise and factory correct location and cut. They're $30 a pair and can be used over and over again. Here's a link.

http://www.firstplaceauto.com/catalog.htm

That's some sound advice, as I'm just getting back from trying to take some measurements, and due to all the contours it is extremely difficult to get anything remotely close. Short of removing the bracket, and taking measurements from the bolt holes.

Your aftermarket bracket may aslo be different...

These are pics from the driver's side bracket, note the the small square opening, it is not on the same center line as the larger opening.

View attachment 77519

Here is a measurement from the trunk lip (4 1/2")

View attachment 77521

And the width of the opening (2 3/4" wide)

View attachment 77522

The rest I really couldn't take a good measurement to give you (short of removing the bracket).

Short of "Convertriple's" solution...I suggest to drill the holes at the locations posted earlier, and use the opposite bracket (flipped over) as a template to cut the large opening.
Then use the bracket for small holes...

I tried,
Giles

-
Back