Had a great day/week/month,let's hear about it

-

DRENO

Reaction score
I thought about starting a this thread a month or so ago.I just finished reading a post about a family very hard done by and was kind of down after that. Next thread I read is about some folks who had an "awesome" day.:cheers:
So if things are going great for ya let's hear about it and try to brighten up the day for some of those who are going through hard times.
Uhh right now I don't have a story to tell.:toothy10:

yep fantastic is just about right, my new shop is coming along nicely.

0426101559a.jpg

I do Senior Transport for the county Family Services and last week when driving an elderly lady home and passing by a new bank she comes up with, " I gotta question. If there's no money in this town, why they building all these new banks ?"

I was in stitches for hours.

Know that I am healed I got Victoria to fire up and move for me, My oldest son MeMikeJr. got him a full time job at Play it again Sport's and Buddy is growing and behaving well for a 5 month old male Boxer
Creed creed_247 made it back from Europe safely on his first tour with the Zack Williams and the Reformation Band, and know he will be going to Japan to play for our USAF over there, I spent a great day yesterday at Small Block's with Creed looking for him a car, And Small block gave him one to build GAVE IT TO HIM :happy10::happy10: Small Block sure made our day
And I have kept my 2010 resolutions to spend more time with myself and playing in the APA pool league and enjoy it once a week and made new friends
Life has been good DRENO .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JInsZEHyig"]YouTube- 41120010HolleyNEW!! 003.avi[/ame]

Nella Friends FABO 035.jpg

Nella Friends FABO 123.jpg

Nella Friends FABO 052.jpg

yep fantastic is just about right, my new shop is coming along nicely.
I wondered how your shop was coming,even asked you one night in chat. Looks like ya got plenty of room and if I remember right ,radiant in floor heat.Your a lucky man!8)

I do Senior Transport for the county Family Services and last week when driving an elderly lady home and passing by a new bank she comes up with, " I gotta question. If there's no money in this town, why they building all these new banks ?"

I was in stitches for hours.

Isn't it refreshing how blunt they are?:toothy10:Thanks Roger.8)

Know that I am healed I got Victoria to fire up and move for me, My oldest son MeMikeJr. got him a full time job at Play it again Sport's and Buddy is growing and behaving well for a 5 month old male Boxer
Creed creed_247 made it back from Europe safely on his first tour with the Zack Williams and the Reformation Band, and know he will be going to Japan to play for our USAF over there, I spent a great day yesterday at Small Block's with Creed looking for him a car, And Small block gave him one to build GAVE IT TO HIM :happy10::happy10: Small Block sure made our day
And I have kept my 2010 resolutions to spend more time with myself and playing in the APA pool league and enjoy it once a week and made new friends

YouTube- 41120010HolleyNEW!! 003.avi

Yes Mike,I have been reading your threads and it seems as though life is treating you well.You are a blessed man.Here's hoping it continues for a long time.8)

Had a great weekend spent it with my Mom (80) and my Dad (82). We had happy hour at 4:00pm on saturday for dinner we had BBQ beef ribs, potato salad and deep fried prawns. Stayed up till 12:30am watching old westerns with my Dad.

Got up Sunday morning and did some work around there place then went home.
Sunday was my Daugthers 29th birthday. We had a party for her at our house and I got to hold and feed my new 2 week old grandson.

I won Sportsman class at Pacific Raceways yesterday...A week after I won Sportsman at Renegade Raceway (where I'm also two-time defending track champ and driver of the year)...That's 11-straight elimination round wins in consecutive weekends at different tracks! I race my 17-second slant six '70 Dart in Sportsman typically against 12-14 second cars and have gotten pretty good at judging the stripe over the years. Couple that with my .005 in the final and I couldn't be beat. My Dart has been so good to me over the past 5 racing seasons I couldn't be happier. The points lead at two different tracks may only last two weeks (conflicting race schedules), but I thought it was worthy for the great day thread! The $300 to win didn't hurt either ;) Have a great day!

24591_381164622606_670167606_3966770_250759_n.jpg

YouTube- 41120010HolleyNEW!! 003.avi
So Small Block gave Creed a Volare? That definitely rates a good guy alert! Love those F bodies! Here's mine.

attachment.jpg

Sold our rental property in NJ in just two weeks for a butt-load of money. After months of searching, we finally found an awesome house to buy in a great neighborhood here in SoCal.

They accepted our low-ball offer, all the paperwork is going well, closing date is in two weeks, paint/carpet are already picked out, and I'll soon have a three car garage! In this economy, the wife and I still have solid jobs and cash in the bank. All this in a part of the country that has perpetual sunshine, year round car shows, and all kinds of old cars in the junk yards. I'm lovin' life right now.

I got a bunch of parts for the Jeep from the UPS guy last week. New front coils, add a leaf for the rear, Bilstien shocks, high flow catalytic converter and on Friday I picked up my heads and block from the machinist. :)

We also had a bunch of rain/sleet the last week or so and all the grass seed I slung around is actually growing big time!!!! That made me very, very happy!

Well I did get headhunted by a Consulting firm to open up, Run and Manage a satelite office in a different City.:-|

Had a great weekend spent it with my Mom (80) and my Dad (82). We had happy hour at 4:00pm on saturday for dinner we had BBQ beef ribs, potato salad and deep fried prawns. Stayed up till 12:30am watching old westerns with my Dad.

Got up Sunday morning and did some work around there place then went home.
Sunday was my Daugthers 29th birthday. We had a party for her at our house and I got to hold and feed my new 2 week old grandson.

You "did" have a great weekend.Nothing like family and a great meal,too.Betcha holding your grandson took ya back a few years.Thanks for posting greendart.8)

I won Sportsman class at Pacific Raceways yesterday...A week after I won Sportsman at Renegade Raceway (where I'm also two-time defending track champ and driver of the year)...That's 11-straight elimination round wins in consecutive weekends at different tracks! I race my 17-second slant six '70 Dart in Sportsman typically against 12-14 second cars and have gotten pretty good at judging the stripe over the years. Couple that with my .005 in the final and I couldn't be beat. My Dart has been so good to me over the past 5 racing seasons I couldn't be happier. The points lead at two different tracks may only last two weeks (conflicting race schedules), but I thought it was worthy for the great day thread! The $300 to win didn't hurt either ;) Have a great day!

24591_381164622606_670167606_3966770_250759_n.jpg

Congratulations on the win Casey.Sounds like you got a real consistent setup there,and a .005 rt doesn't hurt either.Nice to get money to do something ya love to do.8)

Sold our rental property in NJ in just two weeks for a butt-load of money. After months of searching, we finally found an awesome house to buy in a great neighborhood here in SoCal.

They accepted our low-ball offer, all the paperwork is going well, closing date is in two weeks, paint/carpet are already picked out, and I'll soon have a three car garage! In this economy, the wife and I still have solid jobs and cash in the bank. All this in a part of the country that has perpetual sunshine, year round car shows, and all kinds of old cars in the junk yards. I'm lovin' life right now.

Doesn't it feel good to have some dough? A 3 car garage!:cheers: Sounds like it's all workin for ya Dusteriffic.Can it get any better?8)Thanks for the great story.8)

My biggest news this week is...my daughter Haelee(3 yrs. old)is now going potty.This is good news to me in the buying diapers department!Weening off them now!WooHoo!:cheers:
HAELEE 163.jpg

HAELEE 163.jpg

I got a bunch of parts for the Jeep from the UPS guy last week. New front coils, add a leaf for the rear, Bilstien shocks, high flow catalytic converter and on Friday I picked up my heads and block from the machinist. :)

We also had a bunch of rain/sleet the last week or so and all the grass seed I slung around is actually growing big time!!!! That made me very, very happy!

Sounds like your gonna be out there muddin pretty soon.:cheers:Ya gotta throw some pics up for us.And the grass is growing! I'll send better homes and gardens over for some pics.:toothy10: Thanks for posting Joe.8)

-
Back