Had SRT8 at the track - hoped for better

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
My Dart is down so I took my 2006 300C SRT8 to the track on Sunday. It's stock except for a cold air intake and a Predator performance tune. On the street I can spin the tires if I power brake it. My first run I spun in first, so I hit 2nd and spun again. Then I accidentally slapped it forward like I was driving the Dart and went into neutral. Very embarrassing. Neither me or my brother could hook. I left the traction control on during my third run and pulled 13.6 at 103 mph. I started to get the hang of the car but with a hot day and crappy track conditions the best I pulled was 13.4 at 105 mph. I was hoping for very low 13's. All in all it was pretty dang good for a grocery getter and my daily driver. My brother couldn't hook in his Warlock and the best he could get with nitrous was 12.4 and 13.5 without nitrous. He was pretty disappointed. Gotta get the Dart on the track at least once this year. If I get decent track conditions I hope to break into the 11's, but my best has been 12.1.

I beat a Challenger in this one.

I lost in the consolation round in this one

My Dart is down so I took my 2006 300C SRT8 to the track on Sunday. It's stock except for a cold air intake and a Predator performance tune. On the street I can spin the tires if I power brake it. My first run I spun in first, so I hit 2nd and spun again. Then I accidentally slapped it forward like I was driving the Dart and went into neutral. Very embarrassing. Neither me or my brother could hook. I left the traction control on during my third run and pulled 13.6 at 103 mph. I started to get the hang of the car but with a hot day and crappy track conditions the best I pulled was 13.4 at 105 mph. I was hoping for very low 13's. All in all it was pretty dang good for a grocery getter and my daily driver. My brother couldn't hook in his Warlock and the best he could get with nitrous was 12.4 and 13.5 without nitrous. He was pretty disappointed. Gotta get the Dart on the track at least once this year. If I get decent track conditions I hope to break into the 11's, but my best has been 12.1.

I beat a Challenger in this one.

I lost in the consolation round in this one

That's decent times for a mostly stock 4000lb car I would think

Of course it is. I have proof!
SRT8 Race day.jpg

You should be happy. That's a fat pig of a car.....no offense, plus it was severely traction limited. I think you did well.

I don't plan on making it a street machine, and I probably wouldn't have taken it to the track, but I needed something to drive there. I'm pretty much done with the SRT8 as far as speed mods, but I hope to get the transmission gone through and a new converter in my Dart for the next race.

You say the conditions were poor but it sounds like you did pretty damn well.

Also noting that this is the 6.1L...nothing to be ashamed about, sir. I'd be happy with that.

The biggest shame about the current era SRT Mopar stuff is the limitation on tire size. Even the Hellcat is stuck with 275s...that's just not enough, especially when you consider how much mass they have to move.

Nice times..... I wouldn't make a practice of pushing/crossing the yellow line so early in the shutdown end of the track as you did in the first run. IF you are ever being chased by a 7 second rail they'll be eating that distance pretty fast.

Looks like the car scoots. Just curious, why are you running through the water box with street tires?

They sprayed across the whole lane, you couldn't go around. That's why I did the burnout box. I was going to skip both, but they left me no choice.

Nice times..... I wouldn't make a practice of pushing/crossing the yellow line so early in the shutdown end of the track as you did in the first run. IF you are ever being chased by a 7 second rail they'll be eating that distance pretty fast.

That was the very end of the track and I looked before I changed lanes.

-
Back