Hagerty Insurance

-

Duster_71

Reaction score
Does anyone use Hagerty to ensure their Mopars? Anything to worry about with coverage through them? Share your thoughts and Experiences.:happy6:

I have used Hagerty for years now. I have them on my current car, and also on 2 previous. Very easy to get started with, very reasonable prices.

However, I have not had a claim, so I cannot speak to that end of their business. And really, that is when you find out if an insurance company is worth anything, so hopefully others will chime in.

I have used Hagerty for years now. I have them on my current car, and also on 2 previous. Very easy to get started with, very reasonable prices.

However, I have not had a claim, so I cannot speak to that end of their business. And really, that is when you find out if an insurance company is worth anything, so hopefully others will chime in.

I did some research before getting my Barracuda insured after I moved to Oregon. Hagerty was recommended by others, and the pricing was well within budget. That said, there are other options out there, such as Heacock. The cheapest deal I found by far was special collector coverage through my standard "street car" insurer, (State Farm), but they would not cover my Barracuda as it is now mostly a race car.

Good luck!

Mike

I did some research before getting my Barracuda insured after I moved to Oregon. Hagerty was recommended by others, and the pricing was well within budget. That said, there are other options out there, such as Heacock. The cheapest deal I found by far was special collector coverage through my standard "street car" insurer, (State Farm), but they would not cover my Barracuda as it is now mostly a race car.

Good luck!

Mike

I don't believe any insurance covers a car while on the track.

Good luck!

Mike

I had state farm on my house and cars, until I asked for coverage on my old cars. My agent told me if you have a claim, your car's better be stock or they might not cover the claim. He told me he has his old stuff covered by Hagerty. He has a bone stock 56 Chevy. And has it covered by Hagerty. I gave Hagerty a call, and singed up.

prices are decent but would not insure my challenger when they saw the nitrous selonoids in the pics.

Hagerty's does my Scamp. $17,000 agreed value policy and 4000 miles allowed per year, for $268/year.

so far no complaints with hagerty(up here it's combined with silver wheels ins.)
I sent some pics in, with an estimated value of 15000, and they agreed (little undervalued) for a premium of under 150.00. If I went my normal insurance carrier for full coverage would be about 600.00

I use American collectors car insurance , I have had them over 20 years and they are reasonale , reliable, and nice people

Hagerty has been easy to deal with. We have a couple of cars that are weekend cruisers, sometimes to car shows, but not show cars. We have better coverage with much lower rates, but there are driving limitations. Again, no claims filed.

I have my 66 dart and 72 & 74 corvettes insured with Hagerty. Last fall someone hit a shredded tire on the road that flew into the side of my 74. Hagerty was out to take a look within 48 hours and I had a check in my hands within a week. Once the car went to the body shop which does only custom work and the estimate was more then the check they called Hagerty for me and all was taken care of without me having to get involved. No questions ask and the vette was done in first class fashion. I highly recommend them!
Rodney

My father uses Hagerty insurance but I use Heacock classic. His rates are very low and never had any issues with them. I tried to put my classic cars with them when I turned 25 and the agreed value they were trying to say my cars were worth was higher then my car would ever be worth, that reflected in 400 per car per year. I went with heacock and it is 260 for 3 cars for a year. Same coverages as hagerty but less agreed value.

No way a 72 vega is worth 10k plus, 79 amx 15k plus and 68 cuda 29,500 plus. Was bare minimum value they put on my cars. Heacock I went with my own agreed value that i was happy at.

I have not got my Dart with them yet but right now I have a 95 Mustang with agreed value of $13,500 and my renewal came today for $358 a year.
That seems high to me based on the appraised value.

I have been using Hagerty since 2000. Thankfully, I have NOT had make any claims with the GTS. They do know I drag race my Dart, but it is fully covered as long as it is NOT on the racetrack. If something happens while in the pits, it is covered, just not on the track. I did notice a considerable uptick in premiums after that collector car auction had a tornado roll thru the auction cars a few years ago. Just like my homeowners premiums jumped after Hurricane Katrina. I now pay $395 for the year and that is with my GTS appraised at $30,000.

-
Back