Halloween question

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
I ask this question on every forum(don't think I've asked here, yet) and so far I am the only person that has ever heard of this. In grade school/junior high I lived in a small town with a population of a couple hundred, they would trick or treat on the night before Halloween (called it tin can night)and then go trick or treating on Halloween at one of the bigger nearby towns. Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Growing up in northern NJ, the night before Halloween was called cabbage night. Don't ask how it got its name, no one knew. We didn't trick or treat but we would shave cream and soap windows...smash pumpkins...throw eggs at each other. For those of you that have never been hit by an egg, it hurts like hell!

My sister inlaw just moved to Ohio, she said they go out the last Saturday of the month there.

Here the night before is called mischief night. Kids go out and throw eggs and you car and toilet paper in the trees.

They used to call it beggars night in Chicago and Hell Night in Detriot, mostly mischeif and mayhem was happening.

yep, heard of it and lived it. My neighborhood and my grandmother's neighberhood had halloween on different nights. I don't now why, but it was GREAT for me and my sister!!

My sister inlaw just moved to Ohio, she said they go out the last Saturday of the month there.

Here the night before is called mischief night. Kids go out and throw eggs and you car and toilet paper in the trees.

Yep in Philly it was called mischief night, soap your car windows, and egg your house. One year my neighbor and I went up on the roof with a few dozen eggs and egged the little bastards when they started in on the cars.

They used to call it beggars night in Chicago and Hell Night in Detriot, mostly mischeif and mayhem was happening.
Actually Devils night in Detroit. The media is not allowed to show the destruction on that night. I am sure this year will be a wild ride there with alot less police.

Me neither... and I lived in a SMALL farming community that totaled 30 people in a large valley.

With the World Series going on, I'm sure it is going to be intense!
For that reason the police will not be spending as much power in the neighborhoods. We also have the Lions on the same day as one of the Tiger games. It will be busy in that area for sure.

Where I grew up (NJ) the night before Halloween was called Mischief Night, a night of egg throwing, window soaping and tp throwing....

For that reason the police will not be spending as much power in the neighborhoods. We also have the Lions on the same day as one of the Tiger games. It will be busy in that area for sure.

I always worry about Hell Night up around Detroit. My mom, my sister, and my sister's family live in Allen Park, just outside Detroit.

sounds like crazy stuff...If people are gonna roam around and deface my property, Ill be hangin out in the bushes with my paintball gun...

Grew up in NY and the night before was mischief night. That was when all hell broke loose. The police were out in force the night before in anticipation.

Nothing like that where I grew up. Nobody wanted to have the crap beat out of them for causing damage.

hey Rani, you guys trick or treat in India?

you still confused with who is who with me and Mr. Keith LOL

back in India that vast majority of ppl do not know about halloween but in the night clubs and more modern neighborhoods (rich parts) its catching on.

you still confused with who is who with me and Mr. Keith LOL

back in India that vast majority of ppl do not know about halloween but in the night clubs and more modern neighborhoods (rich parts) its catching on.

keith had stolen your identity , im glad to see the confusion has been rectified LOL we dont much halloween up around here. its not like it used to be , before people used it as a time create havoc

keith had stolen your identity , im glad to see the confusion has been rectified LOL we dont much halloween up around here. its not like it used to be , before people used it as a time create havoc

You and Rani stole mine LOL

-
Back