Ham radio op given cell phone ticket be careful in NY State

-
I have a radio myself.During a disaster or after a disaster,cell phones are worthless.If anything were to happen to our cell phone communications,landline phones,or TV,and internet,like a huge catastophic nationwide disaster,or an attack,you bet the only way to go will be HAM radios.

Exactly!!!

I have a radio myself.During a disaster or after a disaster,cell phones are worthless.If anything were to happen to our cell phone communications,landline phones,or TV,and internet,like a huge catastophic nationwide disaster,or an attack,you bet the only way to go will be HAM radios.

Good Point!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqNBfrEbvNc"]YouTube- Steve Bozak WB2IQU Cell phone ticket HT radio Ham Radio[/ame]

It'll never hold up in court............unless, of course, there's a leftist judge who wants to send a message that he doesn't like existing laws and freedoms........all too many of these judges too........

Hams are recognized equivalent with CB's and Sidebands in NY State.......The cop should have never written the ticket.......but, I refer to the former feelings written in this thread relative to the "little god complex" some of these cops seem to have.......it does nothing more than to crap on the already slipping approval ratings of law enforcement everywhere in the US.

If a cop doesn't know the difference between a CB/Ham/Business radio (that uses a mike, exactly like his own does) then he shouldn't be trusted with a patrol car, or even kiddie keys.........He's a moron. 8)

-
Back