hard starting 340 duster

-

beerboy

Reaction score
any one else out there that is running an edelbrock carb on a 1973 340, that has to pump there pedal at least 5 times to start the car? this has to be done weather the motor is hot or cold, weather temps from 40 to 90 degrees air temp. carb has no choke , is this normal for this carb setup? thanks for any help

No choke doesn't help, but believe it or not, your initial timing.....or lack there of, could be the main culprit.

Edelbrocks do take a few pumps because the float bowls drain quickly on them, but they should not be hard when the car has not been sitting long and is still warm.

what gas is better non ethanol 91 octane or 93 with eth???? I know they both are not great , but is one better then the other?

any one else out there that is running an edelbrock carb on a 1973 340, that has to pump there pedal at least 5 times to start the car? this has to be done weather the motor is hot or cold, weather temps from 40 to 90 degrees air temp. carb has no choke , is this normal for this carb setup? thanks for any help

Im pumping alot with my 79 225....both cold and warm. Cold results in frequent no starts for me

Edelbrocks do take a few pumps because the float bowls drain quickly on them, but they should not be hard when the car has not been sitting long and is still warm.

And an electric fuel pump solves that problem instantly. :)

-
Back