Hard To Find Items Wanted. List Yours

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I've been told I'm looking for all the "impossible stuff" so here's a few things I'm looking for. Not in a hurry to find them, but I'm looking.

Floor shifter boot & trim ring for a '64 Barracuda 4 speed.

The covers for the trunk latch & the wiring across the back of the trunk.

And one of these....
I may have the cover for your trunk latch and the covers for the rear seat latches. All are black, but I have correct red plastic paint and can paint them. david 205-908-0868 I was looking to have them re-popped, but have been too busy. Will look for them tonight.

Hey Mike,I just bumped my for sale ad "virtual yard sale II" I have a set of those custom emblems on there with pic's check em out.
I am looking for the 2 small chrome 'CUSTOM' emblems in good shape for my 70 Dart Custom, I can't seem to find any pics of it though. I do have the emblems but the chrome is quite badly pitted.

How rare is a factory tissue box ? A guy gave it to me years ago. It is supposedly out of a '73 Duster. Any thoughts?

Tissue boxes were mostly dealer offered accesories for any model, kinda like the clip on visor mirrors. The mirror might be found in anything but the tissue boxes were more common in 4 door family cars.
My brother-in-law has a tissue box in a 66 Impala convertible. Today that could get you a littering ticket real quick. LOL
I'd like to have a visor mirror with PLYMOUTH etched in it even though they will scar the visor. Those mirrors bring a mint on ebay.

ibleedmoparts, I have a set of 8 chrome seat hardware. No dents ,backing plates still on. Let me know.

Picture 2536.jpg

I need black plastic hinge covers for a 73 duster fold down rear seat. They look like little plastic boxes.

I'm looking for the chrome or aluminum strip that attaches to the rear seat in a 66 Dart vert to attach the boot to the seat....?

I bought a boot cover and realized this piece is missing, so I can't attach it. #-o

Looking for an affordable Sure Grip 3rd member for an 8-3/4 rear.
Impossible to find. :D

George

OK, I've been told I'm looking for all the "impossible stuff" so here's a few things I'm looking for. Not in a hurry to find them, but I'm looking.

Floor shifter boot & trim ring for a '64 Barracuda 4 speed.

The covers for the trunk latch & the wiring across the back of the trunk.

And one of these....
whats wrong with yours? is 64 dart or valiant the same?

Seems like you could position the bolts and the pour epoxy on the backing to "make" a mounting plate
I've got a pair of those pads. Outer appearance is good but the metal under structure has rusted away. There has got to be a way to use them I just haven't put a lot of thought into it. All plastic is a no brainer.
I want red ones. I've got door pads in red, nos even. We might work a trade or something if you think you can use these black vert pads described.
Good luck

If it becomes impossible, check with a conv. top shop. They have generic stuff and you really can't see it.
I'm looking for the chrome or aluminum strip that attaches to the rear seat in a 66 Dart vert to attach the boot to the seat....?

I bought a boot cover and realized this piece is missing, so I can't attach it. #-o

To help you widen your search, you can use that part from any of the early A Body converts.

whats wrong with yours? is 64 dart or valiant the same?

Not sure which part you're talking about. As far as the shifter boot, trim ring & the covers for the trunk, I think Dart & Valiant parts are the same & the problem with mine is that I don't have them.

The part in the picture is only on 1964 Barracudas & (I think) some 1964 Valiant Signets, with manual transmissions. I've seen two styles, a narrow one & the big square one like I've got pictured. The one in the picture is my one good one that took me a while to find. I cut my original to mount two 2" gauges in a long time ago. I'm thinking of cutting the one in the picture to mount a 3 3/8" tach in but don't want to cut the only good one I've got. So I'm looking for another good one so I can use it if I decide later on that I don't want the tach there. I'm just trying to cover all of my bases.

Hey DARTMIKE...really? I thought all was lost! I just tried my local dealership and they said they couldn't order anything for my 71' Demon 340 which was kinda weird. I did go to the local junkyard and found the one pictured on the right but its the wrong one. Hopefully someone closer will have one...if not I'll get back to you. Thanks man!

Hey DARTMIKE...really? I thought all was lost! I just tried my local dealership and they said they couldn't order anything for my 71' Demon 340 which was kinda weird. I did go to the local junkyard and found the one pictured on the right but its the wrong one. Hopefully someone closer will have one...if not I'll get back to you. Thanks man!

That is strange that they just denied you like that. They should be able to find you some parts. But yep, no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back