Harmonic dampener recommendation

-
I personally would not go with that triple pass unless the coolant exiting the engine at the top was very, very hot, which it is obviously not in your situation. Essentially, your flow area in the triple-pass rad becomes 1/3 of a standard single pass unit; multi-pass rads are just for cases where you need to get a larger temp drop than normal in the coolant. I can sorta see it being useful with a filled block, where overall coolant volume is lower than standard.

Except for the rad hoses, your setup seems to be working very well. One other way to shorten the hoses is to swap to an early pump with the pump inlet (hose connection) on the other side. But them you gotta monkey with timing covers and pulleys, so maybe not such a hot idea.

Last edited:
A good, properly sized radiator doesn't need multiple pass cores. It's a gimmick. There may be some cases where you can't install a radiator of sufficient area where that might help but most of the time it's a bad deal.

What you need to cool the system is flow. Adding length to the system hurts flow.

You may want to call Stewart water pumps and ask them about it before dropping cash on that radiator.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering about it. Maybe I'll just move the inlet and outlet on the existing one.

-
Back