Has anybody used these axle seals from Winters Performance???

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Poking around on the interweb I found these very substantial axle seals from Winters Performance.. I am hoping they would solve a long standing issue with one of my 8 3/4 housings seeping into the brakes. Please - I have inspected, tested and replaced everything in the system except the housing, I'm trying to find someone with experience with this product

axle seal - Winters Performance.jpg

I was attempting to install them for a long term rear end project

Ive got to the point of grinding the inside of the axle tubes a bunch and get them to fit in. But that’s as far as I got.

BUT Tim at Alltimeracing.com said he installed and ran them. And they didn’t work well. He said the tubes are not centered to the axles in that area. So they were offset some.

Its tough to tell with just the axles put in cause they need to be supported by the center section.

I do know the “tubes” seem to be stamped, formed, and welded. They are lumpy and wavy. there are all kinds of welds and slag on the inside.

Not like a tube steel for pipe or pressed in axle tubes like Dana’s and 8 1/4’s.

those are axle housing tube seals used in oval track car rear axles to keep the gear lube from filling the right hand axle tube so the gear lube stays near the ring and pinion due to centrifugal force from turning left constantly.

-
Back