Has anyone done an electric fan conversion on their early A?

-

That shroud WILL NOT fit an early A Body 22 in radiator as it is too long and the side brackets will not line up with the special mounting slots in the factory A Body radiator side panels.

[QUOTE="crashcaptn, post: 197238035, member: 3960" [/quote]
Also, i just visited a radiator shop local to me and he said my type of radiator, they no longer make the cores for them and it'd be worth it to just pitch it or try to just boil out/test my current 2-core. Im a bit shocked by that?[/QUOTE]

Interesting and I wouldn't doubt it. When my radiator guy (now closed) did a pair of V8 and a custom slant 22 incher in 3 core for me, he did say it was a bit of a problem to find the cores, which came out of Canada.

I understand wanting everything original but sometimes you run out of options.When I did my 63 Valiant,I got one from a F body Aspen/Volare'. Yes it's wider and mounting holes needed reworked, but it did fit. Now other things such as waterpump and timing cover needed the 1970 up change over.Or a custom lower rad hose.The local CarQuest guys let me look at about 500 hoses that they had hanging in the warehouse and I did find one for another project.And many of the F body cars had A/C with fan shrouds.
Or you can go with a place like Glen Ray for a OEM but the cost is in the $1500 range. That's out of my price range for sure.
Just throwing this out there for a point of reference.

Here are some pictures of the one in my 66 Barracuda.
Bob

z278.JPG

z279.JPG

z280.JPG

Is this the shroud (that i found on ebay)?? - Also, i just visited a radiator shop local to me and he said my type of radiator, they no longer make the cores for them and it'd be worth it to just pitch it or try to just boil out/test my current 2-core. Im a bit shocked by that?

Looks like the shroud is for a B Body. Not the same. I suggest you find another rad shop for your re-core.

-
Back