hate to bring up a sore subject but

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
has any one made a new one or found the template for drilling magnum heads for the la intake pattern? was the original one sent out and then sold or kept by someone that did not own it? then someone else made 1 and wants 200.00 or so to rent it? please straighten me up on this situation as i would like to do a set of magnum heads. tia rick w.

What really sucks is I was one of the last people to be on the list and when it was my turn, I passed for lack of timing/need and didn't want to slow things down....

What really sucks is I was one of the last people to be on the list and when it was my turn, I passed for lack of timing/need and didn't want to slow things down....
Bein a nice guy. Yeah that was a bad deal.

If you have a la intake, just line it up, mark it, drill and tap it. Very simple

If you guys can't find out where the templates are or (no offense) courage to try without. In a couple weeks I'll gladly make a few sets and not gouge anyone because that's bullshit .

If a person can't figure out how to use an angle finder maybe drilling and tapping heads is not for that person.
Well I'd sure love to see you keep that angle perfect with a hand drill.

That gets the angle right how?
I believe a la manifold bolt goes in 90° from the surface of the intake face of the head, there will always be some leeway in doing this since the bolts aren't exact fit to the hole in the manifold.
Correction it is around 80°

Last edited:
Well I'd sure love to see you keep that angle perfect with a hand drill.
I'm a machinist I do that everyday.
I prefer to do that stuff mounted on my head bench but most of the time I'm freehand.

I believe a la manifold bolt goes in 90° from the surface of the intake face of the head, there will always be some leeway in doing this since the bolts aren't exact fit to the hole in the manifold
Nope. That's already been discussed. It's not 90 degrees. I thought it was too, but it's not. At any rate, this is gettin the OP's thread sideways.

Nope. That's already been discussed. It's not 90 degrees. I thought it was too, but it's not. At any rate, this is gettin the OP's thread sideways.
Okay, anyways I'll figure it out and gladly make the boys a set if the originals can't be found

Not sure how much more 90 degrees this pilot is off of the face of this intake surface.
Also think, Chrysler wanted everything to be cost effective.....is some weird angle more cost effective than straight 90 degrees ???
View attachment 1716133654
hmmm......maybe it was the Magnum angle I was thinkin about. No tellin with my mind.

Hol
hmmm......maybe it was the Magnum angle I was thinkin about. No tellin with my mind.
Magnum is a straight down, maybe 30 degrees.
I'm rechecking that measurement as I deleted what I posted. I'll get right back

Hol

Magnum is a straight down, maybe 30 degrees.
I'm rechecking that measurement as I deleted what I posted. I'll get right back
I remember "one of them" at least not being a right angle. As faulty as my memory is, who knows which one? lol

La is not 90, as you stated before you are correct. I was looking at x heads and put up on the bench camel humps. Not that's embarrassing. Sorry rusty I can't tell you off hand what the angle is maybe 80 degrees

La is not 90, as you stated before you are correct. I was looking at x heads and put up on the bench camel humps. Not that's embarrassing. Sorry rusty I can't tell you off hand what the angle is maybe 80 degrees
It's ok. No biggie. I certainly wasn't going to argue, because I couldn't remember for sure, plus you have the tools out. lol

Same thing happened with the 7.3 PSD injector cup kit. Someone made one up, rent was the cost of the set up, $375 and you got your "rent" back minus $25 upon return. Then someone got it on a sob story without paying for it and kept it. The guy that made it said F it... not doing another one. This was 10+ years ago. Now the kits are in the $100 area. Still hung a lot of guys out waiting to use the rented one.

If you make one up drilling fixture and send it out free, plan on losing it in short order! JMO No good deed goes unpunished.

Same thing happened with the 7.3 PSD injector cup kit. Someone made one up, rent was the cost of the set up, $375 and you got your "rent" back minus $25 upon return. Then someone got it on a sob story without paying for it and kept it. The guy that made it said F it... not doing another one.

If you make one up drilling fixture and send it out free, plan on losing it in short order! JMO No good deed goes unpunished.
Agreed, no good deed goes unpunished that is 100% fact.

-
Back