Hate to say this....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
...but I think it's happening again. The shop I brought my car too was HIGHLY recommended and everything I saw that was painted there was KILLER! Then MY car arrives...

I went out this morning to drop off some odds-n-ends and I find out the painters daughter has some "health" issues and they haven't seen him in almost 2 weeks and my car is still the way I dropped it off.

I swear, if a friggen meteorite fell from the sky, it would land on my %$#@#$% head.

HAHAHAAHAH,,

John my gosh I really dont mean to laugh but that way just wayy to funny not to be laughed at.. i could tell you typed with anger, and i would be too. you need to find a guy that does great work that no ones heard of.. not some busy guy who everyone knows and works on million dollar cars..

Wish you all the luck man

I hear ya John :cussing: ....For some reason my last name seems not to go well in life also. Like....why me god! and not the other guy that seem to flow through life like rain falling from the sky.

Best of luck....time to ask for a delay discount!!

Yeah, well **** happens... At the moment it seems like someone else has it bad too. Until I hear differently all I can say is I understand.

Besides, now it's sitting in someone else's place freeing up my garage to detail all the little stuff. Worst comes to worst I pull a cheapie Maaco re-paint on the Dart and stuff all the good stuff in it and sell the Barracuda....:banghead:

FASTBACK340 said:
[ Worst comes to worst I pull a cheapie Maaco re-paint on the Dart and stuff all the good stuff in it and sell the Barracuda....[/color][/size][/font]:banghead:

Oh no !, Youve got Adam-itis, its contagious. Sorry to hear they arent movong along with it John.

AdamR said:
Oh no !, Youve got Adam-itis, its contagious. Sorry to hear they arent movong along with it John.

Yeah, at the moment we have a bowl restriction and my **** is hung up.

Figures....:sad3:

Did I tell ya' about the time the 'possum crawled up in on top of my motor?.............Then I started it and he got caught in the fan belt?.........ripped the hair off his scalp..........no joke...........to date, he's the onliest bald headed possum round these parts............

I'm not makin' that up..............

We might be long lost brothers or something...........Was your Dad's name "Murphy" ?

My neighbors cat got mixed up with the fan blade. It now walks around saying "meowph". True story. Howard

onehellofadart said:
I'm closer John!!!

I beat you all to it and I'm good now. My wife is getting ready to tie me to a tree in the yard so I don't wander off....:drunken:

Please disregard incoherent posts for the next couple of hours....

Your not alone, I had my car back to the body shop three times to try and correct their crappy work. A total of about four months......... They even stripped the car back down to bare metal and re-shot it! At least they did it at their cost. The final result is still not where I would like it to be but I GIVE UP. Bottom line is some people just don't take pride in their work. Its not bad luck its just IDIOTS you have to deal with in life. I am still frustrated with the whole ordeal but at least I know/think the color choice was good............ (See my Garage) Atlantic Blue Pearl Coat. Dodge Ram color. If you look close you can see the lines in the trunk, that is my problem with the paint job twice now. The first time it was bubbling and the paint did not bind with the primer. Anyhow, I guess I am venting a little. Reading your story got me fired up again !!! Good Luck with your project.

Hey John, Forget if I told you that I know a great painter in New Rochelle. Let me know if you want more info. Good Luck with it!

FASTBACK340 said:
Yeah, well **** happens... At the moment it seems like someone else has it bad too. Until I hear differently all I can say is I understand.

Besides, now it's sitting in someone else's place freeing up my garage to detail all the little stuff. Worst comes to worst I pull a cheapie Maaco re-paint on the Dart and stuff all the good stuff in it and sell the Barracuda....:banghead:

I saw 3 or 4 cars trailered out of the Maaco near my house so I stopped in and talked to them. You should see the work they crank out on restorations. Mine 69 Dart is going back in the paint booth in Jan. I brought "Lucy" home to bolt in all the componets for fit, then I'll strip it again for final paint, Rally Red. Don't think they do just cheap paint jobs......mine's running $8,300.00
Jim

Man I,m thinking bout twisting up a fatty, the rear burner on my new $1,700 BBQ won,t stay lit, installed the snow blower attachment on my Kubota (also new this summer) and it chewed off 2, $30 belts and it hasn,t even f-in snowed yet, oh ya and what about the light fixture I let slide off the bench and nail the driver side door of the fish...aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh:sad1::cussing::scratch:

Damn Sparky... sounds like one of my posts. But let me ask you this: Are you using the snowblower to catch something to throw on that back buner? Odd combination of unrelated events!
023.gif

All I want to do is rotisserie a friggin roast on that beeatch but can't, well at least not using the burner that was meant to do it, things like this just burns my arse.(not my roast):blah5:

I'm planning a surprise visit to the body shop this morning. Hopefully I'll have pictures of my car in some stage of progress.

Say a prayer for me....:banghead:

I ain't no painter, but I am going to rent a booth and paint mine myself because of similer issues I have had dealing with anything relating to my cars. Nobody touches them anymore 'cept me, then when they turn out bad I know who screwed up.

-
Back