Hate Window 8 ?

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
There is a program called Classic Shell that puts the start button and standard menu's in Windows 8 like you used to have in older versions of Windows.
It lets you choose what style of buttons and menu's you want like Windows XP, Windows 7 had.
It also adds the classic search into the start menu.

Here is a video about it [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0L4Cte56tc"]Making Windows 8 Usable: Classic Shell - YouTube[/ame]

And you can download it from my server here. http://www.letsgocomputers.com/programs/ClassicShell.exe

I waited to tell you about it until I had a chance to install it and chk it out in Windows 8.
Works great.

What were they thinking at Microsoft? I'm an IT guy mostly play in the Linux World but WTF is with Windows 8!!! I spent hours just trying to reconfigure my old desktop after an upgrade, the regular user is going to hate this upgrade! I'll check this out and thanks for posting it!

I won't use Windows 8 until they make it more user friendly. Microsoft "blew it" with 8. I'm almost ready to buy an Apple. Thanks for the info. though.

How ironic and timely this post is. My daughter just bought a new laptop and brought it over for me to set up for her just this weekend. It has Windows 8 and is a little cumbersome at first, but the thing I really didn't like was the fact it didn't have this very feature that I could find.

It's not hard to get a start menu with it but it's a couple of extra clicks to get to it.

I'm bookmarking this and when she brings it back over I'll pop it in there.

Thanks!!!

On the plus side she gave me her old Acer laptop that she thought she had trashed and with a couple hours work I have a nice new laptop for the users here. :D

What were they thinking at Microsoft?..... !

I won't use Windows 8 until ....................

Winwhored 7 is what drove me to Linux. The really irritating files explorer did it for me. XP I could stand.

My big gripe now is Google/ Bing/ etc image search. All of 'em have made it nearly impossible to actually use.

Face it. Windows 8 was designed for touch screens and tablets. I needed a laptop for home and searched the world for a Toshiba with Windows 7. I found one and so far I have been pleased with the machine. tmm

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0086OGLI2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5230 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black): Computers & Accessories[/ame]

In my opinion, MS gets it right about every other version. XP good, Millenium bad, etc. I had Vista last time and it was awful. Got my new Thinkpad with the option to go from 7 to 8 for $15. Kept it with 7 and very happy with it. My daughter just got a new laptop with 8 and hates it. I will pass this on to her. Thanks.

Winwhored 7 is what drove me to Linux. The really irritating files explorer did it for me. XP I could stand.

My big gripe now is Google/ Bing/ etc image search. All of 'em have made it nearly impossible to actually use.

Dumped Windoze 7 several years ago....yes Linux...started with Ubuntu then they got stupid with their Unity desktop...moved over to Mint Mate...simple.

Face it. Windows 8 was designed for touch screens and tablets.

this.
I don't understand why someone would upgrade to Windows 8 and then try to make it work like previous Windows versions.
actually, I don't understand why someone would upgrade to Windows 8.

btw, I am also someone who decided to go to Linux after some Windows problems. Turned out the only advantage to it was the fact that I could delete Windows folders off of old storage hard drives with it, while Windows wouldn't let me. So the dual-boot hasn't hit the Linux partition in months lol.

. So the dual-boot hasn't hit the Linux partition in months lol.

LOL. I do just the opposite. I don't "hit" Winhozed for months at a time. Since I've used Linux, I have completely forgotten what it's like to worry about malware, viruses, or buying/ installing virus protection.

LOL. I do just the opposite. I don't "hit" Winhozed for months at a time. Since I've used Linux, I have completely forgotten what it's like to worry about malware, viruses, or buying/ installing virus protection.

it is nice not having to wear any protection.....

can someone tell me how to turn on flash player or adobe reader??? I can watch some video but not all..but computer tells me its installed already:banghead::banghead::banghead: damn it....most of the time where the video is it will have a x in the left hand corner

anybody???? I cant even watch the video on how to build headers..damn it:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

can someone tell me how to turn on flash player or adobe reader??? I can watch some video but not all..but computer tells me its installed already:banghead::banghead::banghead: damn it....most of the time where the video is it will have a x in the left hand corner

go to adobe and download
reboot and try again?

anybody???? I cant even watch the video on how to build headers..damn it:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

What browser and what operating system?
In any case you would want to uninstall the flash player, then reboot the computer and go to www.adobe.com and reinstall it.
Download Firefox from www.firefox.com and see if it does the same thing, or does it work in Firefox?
If you continue to have the problem then go to www.google.com and start searching for your exact issue and testing each possible solution you find.

-
Back