Having my 71 Demon restored

-

zac_F71

Reaction score
I am needing to down size as I have 3 project cars and have emailed MCR first (as they and SharaDons are the closest resto shops to me)

The car is an all original OR state car and has around 89,000 miles on it currently has the original 225 slant 6/A904 and column shift.. But I have a plan for a 360/A727/ 8.75 rear

The plan -
I will disassemble most everything in/on the car and deliver to your shop
I'm not to concerned with show quality paint/body work (it's going to be a driver/ race car) so just a nice repaint after patching and doing necessary body work
They install Black headliner/ Black Rear package tray

They install all glass but windshield
They attach fenders, doors, trunk, F+R bumpers, Grille, and hood
They assemble insides of doors
Sublime (Lime Green) paint w/ Black Demon340 stripes down the sides only
I will reassemble everything else

Known body blemishes - chunk missing from right rear fender lip, small holes in trunk/front floors need patching, rust bubbling on tops of inner front fenders, small patch needed under windshield(inside behind dash), bubbling rust at bottom corners of rear window, sharp crease down right side of front fender/door (goes right above the "Demon" decal), and want subframe connectors installed. As well as both lower quarter panels patched

What do you think this would cost? These are older pics but the car has been off the road since 2006 so it hasn't changed much

Since you are going to disassemble it yourself, why not restore it yourself? With all the information,Knowledge,help here you could do it and pull it off.

Just remember to tag and bag everything along with a picture album. Granted it will be a long process but you will be able to say you did the work.

Since you are going to disassemble it yourself, why not restore it yourself? With all the information,Knowledge,help here you could do it and pull it off.

Just remember to tag and bag everything along with a picture album. Granted it will be a long process but you will be able to say you did the work.
I know and it would be do-able on my budget with selling my other 2 cars (Fords) with the help of my coworkers (GM dealership body shop guys) BUT

I was thinking of offering the 2 Mustangs I have plus some cash to have MCR or SharaDon's do that part

EDIT- I don't have body working tools so this is why I was thinking a professional shop.. I'd have to spend most of my budget on tools including a welder..

Tag and bag - I just toss everything in a few totes - no pictures these things are so basic and simple that it's easy to figure every thing out

I agree I have the knowledge to know where everything goes.. it's just getting the tools/money gathered to start..

MCR is a top notch process. I took the 6BBL to them and it was like pushing a snowball off a mountain. I had plans on a repaint etc and ended up with two years of worth of work. The car was dip stripped, and then E coated before any metal work was started. Any and all accident/rust damage was repaired to like NEW condition. The paint is flawless top and bottom. Be prepared for this type of restoration! It was an eye opener for me, and I'm glad I took all there advise along the way. I think I waited in line for almost two years before they even got the car.

I see and SharaDon's has pretty much from the looks of it stopped doing restorations and moved on to be a high performance work shop..

Looks like I'll finish up my Fords and try to sell them again and start this project..

Sounds to me like your looking for a really nice "driver" quality restoration. MCR is all different now, I know a guy that used to work there. Sharadon is more about performance I think.

If your looking for decent quality and you don't want to spend $200,000K, pm me, I could hook you up.

Click on my link>>>> http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/alleyoopmgv

You know where I'm located.

Sounds to me like your looking for a really nice "driver" quality restoration. MCR is all different now, I know a guy that used to work there. Sharadon is more about performance I think.

If your looking for decent quality and you don't want to spend $200,000K, pm me, I could hook you up.

Click on my link>>>> http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/alleyoopmgv

You know where I'm located.
PM sent never heard from you? Anyway here is what I want the overall look of the car to be SO HOT!!!!

I'll give you a call tomorrow, sorry had a busy day.

Pretty close to the color of my Demon

Attachments

• IMG_0332 copy.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 180
Indeed! I work til 430 tomorrow! Leave a message if I don't answer I get S**T for service where I live (Tmobile + a WI number in BFE MN haha)

Indeed! I work til 430 tomorrow! Leave a message if I don't answer I get S**T for service where I live (Tmobile + a WI number in BFE MN haha)

Called you, left a message with my number. Call me when you get a chance.

-
Back