He did it!

-

DartGTDan

'71 Dart GT Fan
Reaction score
Yesterday my son, Zachary, graduated from Albion College!! He graduated with a double major (Communications and Spanish). His overall GPA is 3.7xx and made the Dean's list.

Last summer he sought out an internship opportunity with the College Diabetes Network, a non-profit in Boston, MA. Diabetes is his passion since he was diagnosed T1D (Type-1 Diabetes) in August of 2009. The people at the CDN liked him so well they offered him a job upon graduation from college. We'll be moving him to Alston (a suburb of Boston) next weekend to start his career being a voice for those with T1D.

So now both of my kids are productive members of society. Whew!! My wife and I are so proud of both of them!

This is Zachary (on the left) with his best friends Elaina and Elliot ignoring the "keep off" sign at their Alma Mater!

Zach, Elaina & Elliot.JPG

Congrat's to your son Zachary.. my son has type 1 diabetes and we are grateful that that he has chosen this field... good luck Zach !!

Congrats! To both him and you, he earned it and you taught him the core values to help him make it happen.

A well earned accomplishment by all!

Outstanding! Congrats to your son! My wife and I are doing the whole college visit, school choices thing with our twin daughters. They'll be big seniors in a few weeks :( These college prices are enough to make me sick! Lucky if we don't end up in the poor house after it's all done!

Be well,
Pat

Congratulations Zach, and your entire crew for keeping him grounded, with his head on straight and becoming a productive citizen!

It's certainly not easy, but why does the left keep saying it's unachievable!

Just Give it to me!

GOOD JOB!

Congrats to all .. its definitely a family success ..my daughter has degrees in teaching and clinical psychology, and I know how hard she worked, and how much money we $pent.. :) best investment ever. Oh yeah, we are on the left and KNEW it was possible. :rolleyes:

44070Dart, I am 100% in agreement with what you've said here. And I congratulate you, your family, and most of all your daughter for the hard work and perseverance required for such an achievement!

As your disagreement with my above statement is most likely based on my reference to "left" involvement. I believe you are smart enough to agree that not many of the students at Berkley, or numerous other campus demonstrations were destroying property were not of the Conservative persuasion. True!

That's what I was trying to express.

What a great story, two wonderful parents raising awesome kids! Too bad there are so many people who don't put the time and effort into their kids like you and your wife did! Congratulations to Zachery, DartGTDan and his wife for a wonderful job!

Yes, congratulations are in order here, for the entire family! For Mom and Dad for raising kids with proper guidance and determination to succeed, and for both young people for using the tools available to them to forge their path in a very difficult world! It’s young folks like them that I hope will continue to honor themselves and their commitment to make this world a better place!! Way to go, my hats off to you all!!

-
Back