Head Gasket Comp?

-

80fbody

Reaction score
Roughly how much compression will I lose by using an aftermarket gasket on a stock 6? Already have the composite type, debating on switching.

the composite or fel-pro head gaskets have a compressed thickness .036" and the steel gaskets are .021...

you will gain but if you are pulling the head just mill the head...

Thanks. I see your sig says you have the same 68 dart as I just picked up & you're running 14's. Any recommendations to getting mine down near those numbers. Or just some pointers. Mine is an all stock 270 with the slant/auto combo.

Thanks. I see your sig says you have the same 68 dart as I just picked up & you're running 14's. Any recommendations to getting mine down near those numbers. Or just some pointers. Mine is an all stock 270 with the slant/auto combo.

well, prepare to spend some time and money to get your slant to hump the 14,s like moparkids dart has lol. if its all stock, and your gonna have the head off. mill it like mopar kid said, that would probably be the best bang for the buck for you at the moment. go ahead and get that over with. you can always drive it around with the stock intake/exhaust, and enjoy some extra power thanks to added compession untill you round up other bolt ons.... just a suggestion....

it should be in the 13's but im learning what else the combo needs... street driven pump gas of course...
well for starters...
have the head well worked by someone how has done it before, so heavy porting, big valves, good compression, 9.5:1+, good cam...

well, prepare to spend some time and money to get your slant to hump the 14,s like moparkids dart has lol. if its all stock, and your gonna have the head off. mill it like mopar kid said, that would probably be the best bang for the buck for you at the moment. go ahead and get that over with. you can always drive it around with the stock intake/exhaust, and enjoy some extra power thanks to added compession untill you round up other bolt ons.... just a suggestion....

exactly... compression on these is anywhere from 7-8.5:1... you can pee in it and it would run lol...

what is your overall goal? fun street car? race only? street/strip (more than 5 times a yr)?

-
Back