head gasket thickness??

-
I do the same. Just curious what are you building with your 85? I have a 86 318 I'm building.

I do the same. Just curious what are you building with your 85? I have a 86 318 I'm building.
85 318 with 302 heads bunch other craigs list junk gonna throw together and stick it in an 73 duster as light as i can get it and see what it runs, no budget, few brains, even less manners, no street,digger only with only safety and speed in mind, just something to do...

85 318 with 302 heads bunch other craigs list junk gonna throw together and stick it in an 73 duster as light as i can get it and see what it runs, no budget, few brains, even less manners, no street,digger only with only safety and speed in mind, just something to do...
Cool sounds fun! Keep us posted on the build

I'm in southwest va about 2hrs from martinsville. There is a few members from that way I talked to a guy the other day from martinsville. My wife has family from there but iv never been myself.
My 318 is a 86 I'm doing 302 heads as well home port job 340 Intake luniti voodoo cam headers and if I can get the money a street demon carb. I have a 4160 holley if not. I'd like to rebuild the bottom but just dont have the money and the engine ran strong when it was in my truck so I know its not hurt. Its going in a 75 dart swinger soon hoping to have it together by fall.

sounds lot like my deal, motor outta a 85 diplomat runs like a top and didnt use oil! gonna get started home porting these 302s on it and get bigger valves installed. its a roller motor so i got a deal on a ...hate say it out loud mutha thumper roller cam and a street domonator intake holley 650 mechanical secondary's duel line, headers 2800 stall! need a rear end wanting 4:10 or lower gears then thin this duster down to meth head weight!! finding pistons a bit aggravating less ya buy a stroker kit witch id do but ant in the budget and heads already limited...but its what i got so going with it!

sounds lot like my deal, motor outta a 85 diplomat runs like a top and didnt use oil! gonna get started home porting these 302s on it and get bigger valves installed. its a roller motor so i got a deal on a ...hate say it out loud mutha thumper roller cam and a street domonator intake holley 650 mechanical secondary's duel line, headers 2800 stall! need a rear end wanting 4:10 or lower gears then thin this duster down to meth head weight!! finding pistons a bit aggravating less ya buy a stroker kit witch id do but ant in the budget and heads already limited...but its what i got so going with it!
Mine was out of a truck so I didn't have to deal with the roller cam you can switch to s hydraulic lifter cam with your block you just have have to switch pushrods the rollers ones are shorter. I got a Ford 8.8 rear end with 373. Unfortunately I'm stuck with stock stall for now cant afford anything else lol

considering a 8.8 my self,..or find a dana and cut it down. like'in the roller's!
Yea nothing wrong with the rollers for sure! I'm gonna run my original 7.25 as long as I can I had plans on doing a 83/4 later on but stumbled upon a thread on here about the 8.8 and just so happen to find one for 100 bucks I couldn't pass it up! I'm gonna take my time with it get the car the way I want it then start with the rear. The 7.25 has 2.76 gears so the 373 will be a positive step when ever i get to it. I have 360 core waiting whenever i can afford to have it gone thru. It may never get done haha

you guys keep it up, you are looking good and spending wisely and not overdooing it having to redoo it
ford rear end much less hassel and weight than dana and should be fine - actually that 7' should work ok with a stockish converter and no trans brake etc

-
Back