Head #'s

-

red446

Reaction score
Anyone know how to decode the #'s on B and RB heads?? Or can you direct me to a source (before I scrap them in the AM) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Guys, Red

Why don't you post the last three of the casting number of the heads you have? Or if you have access to Mopar `Engine book they list all the numbers.

Got it, thanks very much SG. 71-72 383,400,440, 73, 400,440. Now are they worth saving????

Why don't you post the last three of the casting number of the heads you have? Or if you have access to Mopar `Engine book they list all the numbers.

Probably 3462346 Head castings. I don't know what to tell you on the value of them. But if you junk them they are gone for our lifetime.

Big block heads got hardened exhaust seats starting in 1971. I understand why you are thinking this, but those are good heads. The problem is finding a buyer. I have several similar sets and can't find a buyer. I scrapped a VERY NICE pair of 1958 325 poly heads (Dodge) because I couldn't find a buyer...

Big block heads got hardened exhaust seats starting in 1971. I understand why you are thinking this, but those are good heads. The problem is finding a buyer. I have several similar sets and can't find a buyer. I scrapped a VERY NICE pair of 1958 325 poly heads (Dodge) because I couldn't find a buyer...

Yeah, I've done the same thing. Couple of summers ago, I had to get up some money quick. I ended up scrapping several sets of 906s, 452s, 346s and one nice set of 915s. I even offered them on here for cheap and then for FREE, but no one would even pay to ship.

-
Back