Header question

-

Aussiemopars

Reaction score
Hi Fella's. I have a 69 Cuda convertible and I have just found a replacement 383/727 combo for the tired old 360/904. It was one of the /6 cars but I think it has the V8 k-member now, how can I tell? Also I have some headers that I bought for a B body, would they fit with the power steering and with a cable operated shifter? What motor mounts am I going to need? Anything else ya reckon I need? Already has 8 & 3/4 and disc brakes up front, no booster though (will a booster even fit?)
Love your work fella's....

I went with the Schumacher motor mounts and headers. They fit great. A little trimming on the K-frame mount, and you are ready to install the motor and go.

Attachments

• eng1.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 392
No to the B headers, TTI or schumacher and the schu's will drop right in even with the power steering. Don't forget the subframe connectors.

Attachments

• 8 (Small).JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 370
Are the subframe connectors really necessary? I don't plan on going overboard with the thing.

Unless you don't mind having your doors out of align, It's all about torque and torque equals twist. The connectors are cheap insurance. You don't need to come up through the floors with your build or go to torque boxes, just some 2"x3" tubing, 4 pieces of flat plate and weld her up. Make sure the weight of the car is on all 4 tires.

Ok, I got a look at the motor today and it looks like its a Friday 13th block from 1968 from a C body aussie phoenix. Will the manifolds fit and where can I get the new flanges from to link with my existing exhaust?

These are the manifolds.

Attachments

• IMG_0215-1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0219-1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0220-1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 231
As everyone has stated previously "USE SUBFRAME CONNECTORS". Otherwise you will begin finding all the weak points in an A body convertible, even if you do not go overboard with it.

Bill S.

Had a windshield explode once from the twist.
Guy dropped in the 440 and nothing else done to the car, jumped on it and boom.

As everyone has stated previously "USE SUBFRAME CONNECTORS". Otherwise you will begin finding all the weak points in an A body convertible, even if you do not go overboard with it.

Bill S.

Well I wasn't able to find any info on the exhaust logs so I have just ordered the Schumacher complete kit with the 4-2-1 extractors so at least I will know they fit.
Is anyone able to run the numbers on these exhaust manifolds? They were part numbers - LH 4041467 (definitely a no. 6 not 8 ) & RH 4047472-2. They may also go up for sale if anyone is interested (shipping from Perth W.A.).

-
Back