Header Questions

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
I am new here and I was wandering if they make headers that aren't fenderwell headers for the big block swap?
I have a 1970 440 and 727 and I really don't want to cut the car.
If there aren't to many options I am gonna trade for a good 360/trans.

No problem, these guys for a moderate to middle of the road build (500HP) http://www.engine-swaps.com/ and TTI Industries for a going for the throat build. From experience the Schumacher are the easiest to install with no cutting and only limited swearing involved. Schumacher also sell the conversion engine mounts to put a BB in an A body that originally had SB's and /6's in them.

Terry

Schumachers, They fit great in my car.

DSCF0107.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

DSC_2263.jpg

I've posted alot about headers and I know people don't always agree with me but I'll say it again.It all depends on how fast you want togo and is it race only.All the differant headers have there place in are sport.

I have a set of Schumachers in are car we call the parts car.74 Duster with parts that didn't work are other projects or we updated the car.
440 engine pistons .160 down in the hole with a set of stage-6 heads,Schumacher headers,Perf rpm intake,holley carb,stock distributor,Patched together Zex-Eldelbrock kit,very well built 727,and get this an 8 1/4 rearend built for roundy round racing.
This year the car is running 11.70's off the juice with the tri y's and I expect it to run in the 10's on the juice.

IMGP1117.jpg

IMGP0499.jpg

tti's are on my 67 Dart 440 ci.10 sec caroff the juice.
IMGP0230.jpg

IMGP0262-1.jpg

Hooker Super Comp's on 68 Dart,9.50's car
IMGP1124.jpg

68dartpic.jpg

These are my cars and like I said earlier All of these headers have there place in are sport,you don't need to go overboard on your choise of headers.

It's not that Schumachers are any cheaper than tti's or Hookers.It's just that the ease of the install,plug changing,starter install,on the Schumachers is that much better.

Cost of my Schumachers were $525+ $200 for the thermal coating.
So you can see the Schumachers are close to the other 2 when have them coated.

Performance on the74 Duster is respectfull enough for any street car.

If you want easy go with the Schumachers (and don't trap mini starter). I have the TTI's in my Duster, but you can't beat the ease of the fit of the schumachers (had them in my 383 Scamp). The TTI's fit like a tight glove. but the do fit nice with some engine rocking and a tad bit of swearing. They would be easier on a low deck.

-
Back