Headers for Indy 440-1 Heads in a Duster??

-

TIBBY

Reaction score
Other than custom building a set, has anyone had luck with Headers for Indy's 440-1 heads?(without going fenderwell headers)
Currenty the cars got a tubular k member, no t-bars, rack & pinion, powermaster mini starter, and inner fenderwells completely intact, running stock heads and 2" tti headers, Going to the 440-1 heads and tti says they're 440-218's wont fit a duster without "major mods". Was trying to keep it a easy and inexpensive as possible.
Thanks

Other than custom building a set, has anyone had luck with Headers for Indy's 440-1 heads?(without going fenderwell headers)
Currenty the cars got a tubular k member, no t-bars, rack & pinion, powermaster mini starter, and inner fenderwells completely intact, running stock heads and 2" tti headers, Going to the 440-1 heads and tti says they're 440-218's wont fit a duster without "major mods". Was trying to keep it a easy and inexpensive as possible.
Thanks
not familiar w/ those heads, but if the ports are the same size, why not try the headers u have and see what it`s gonna take ?

not familiar w/ those heads, but if the ports are the same size, why not try the headers u have and see what it`s gonna take ?
The Indy 440-1 heads have raised exhaust ports that prohibits me using my current headers.

The Indy 440-1 heads have raised exhaust ports that prohibits me using my current headers.
My victor knock offs have raised ports, and I run a used set of TTI headers I bought off a guy from Witchitaw, K,they are very close everywhere but fit. I do have an aftermarket front end w/ no torsion bars tho.

My victor knock offs have raised ports, and I run a used set of TTI headers I bought off a guy from Witchitaw, K,they are very close everywhere but fit. I do have an aftermarket front end w/ no torsion bars tho.
Ive got the torsion bars gone as well, but even now the passenger side inner fenderwell will get touched on occasion by the header when revving. And TTi says the 440-1 heads are 5/8" wider and 7/16" raised which in my car wont work asis.
Bob are you using motor plate or mounts?

Ive got the torsion bars gone as well, but even now the passenger side inner fenderwell will get touched on occasion by the header when revving. And TTi says the 440-1 heads are 5/8" wider and 7/16" raised which in my car wont work asis.
Bob are you using motor plate or mounts?
Yes a motor plate, and rack and pinion steering. Couldn`t u just neatly adjust the fender well a little ? (massage w/ a hammer) I did have TO LOOSEEN MY STEERING COLUMN AND PRY IT OVER IN THE FLOORBOARD HOLES, AS FAR AS IT WOULD GO, AND RETIGHTEN THEM . " disregard caps !" Wish I would have put spacers between the frame rails and k frame before I cut my steering shaft to length, it would have helped me about everywhere, especially w/ no 7 plug, its impossible to get to w/o raising the engine or removing the steering column ! I have already stripped the plug hole, but got it to work, will have to heli coil it if I ever have the head off or have to change plugs !

-
Back