Headers from Jegs

-

swerven11

Reaction score
Has anyone put these headers on from jegs? I have a 73 dart swinger with a 318 and i bought these long tube headers from jegs and i am wanting to put the motor back in the car and someone told me i might have to take the drag bar off to install the headers, is this true and does anyone have any pictures to show me thanks.

Painted Long Tube Headers 1-5/8'' Primary
3'' Collector
66-78 Road Runner/Charger/Super Bee, 67-76 GTX/Belvedere/Satellite/RT/Coronet, 67-74 Cuda/Challenger, 67-76 Duster/Valiant Dart/Demon, 76-79 Volare/Aspen, All w/273-360 CI.
555-30080
555-30080.jpg

yes..the drag link will need to come off...especially for the driver side....

get ready to start saying a few 4-letter words. I had a fun time putting a set on my 69 Cuda. They will go in but hang kinda low. I would do the driver-side first though, seems to be a little easier making the pass. side go in.

If the motor is out of the car, you might try to put the headers in the chassis before installing the motor. Sometimes this is easier.

"right on" if the motors out put them in before you put it in, drag link no big deal hang with a piece of wire out of the way . save you alot of time an angervation .Becarefull of speed bumps an other road hazzards they hang on the low side

-
Back