headlight and turn signals out

-

Mrkidd

Reaction score
ok....my turn signals went out the fuse is good and they come on when i do it manually does that mean i have to replace the relay in the sterring wheel...?
and this friday my headlights never came on tail lights work and the fuse looks good....but it looks like there is alil rust on part of the fuse box connectors where the headlights are on....does anyone have in ideas....?
my car is a 69 dart....
thanks for the help.....

if the turn signals work manually it is the blinker that went bad most likely
as for the head lights if you say there is rust on the fuse box that is also more than likely your problem

There is no relay in the steering wheel. The stock headlight wiring runs directly from the headlight switch to the headlights with no relay. Check your switch and/or your headlamps. Also check the headlight grounding bolt, it may have come loose.

If your fuses are rusty they should be replaced and the connectors cleaned with emery cloth as best as you can. They're probably rusty because you have water dripping on them from the wiper mount... typical Mopar screw-up.

Turn signal RELAY is the turn signal flasher > NOT in column, either on fuse panel or seperate near base of column area ..... Forgive me but its been a LONG time since messing with these systems ...
Sounds like you have 2 issues here... MY suggestion to you .. would be to locate wiring diagram on YAHOO ... which i located ..... for your vehicle ... Concentrate on either the turn signal concern OR headlamp concern .... Get a highliter and start at one of headlamps 12v feed and work your way back to headlamp switch to isolate headlamp concern . Do the same for turn signal concern , start at turn signal bulb and work your way back to the turn signal switch . This way you can see how circuit works first .. then we can use at voltmeter and test light on this older vehicle to identify problem.

-
Back