headlight harness?

-

wp23n

Reaction score
does anyone make a prebuilt plug and play headlight harness with relays for a 73 scamp, i would like to install a harness to get full power to the headlights and dont feel like building from scratch.

no. a couple place make the relay kit that adds to your system but thats about it that i know of. you can build it yourself for under $50 or spend $100+ for the kit. its cake to do really.

you would think a place liek year one or something would sell a kit like you want. hell wile replacing the harness why not improve it..

no. a couple place make the relay kit that adds to your system but thats about it that i know of. you can build it yourself for under $50 or spend $100+ for the kit. its cake to do really.

LOL... Joe,
between you and Dan i guess i dont need to post any questions
and should just ask you guys directly when i have a question.

is there a step by step schematic somewhere that i can download?

by the way, im going to stop by Kmart tonight, supposedly they have started the cruise

Contact SlantSixDan for all the parts. I bought a relay kit from him (actually 2 kits), to do my 65 Dart and 73 Dart Sport. Its a really easy to do. You'll just need to buy 12 or 14g. wire to run to the new headlight sockets. He supplies all the harness pieces. OR I believe he'll make the harness for you too.

Heres a pict of where I put the 2 relays on the 65. They can be hidden (like under the battery tray), but I didn't care to. personal choice.

2 leads have fuses, they are the hots for the low relay, and the high relay. The double 10g. wires are from the batt B+ to the positive terminal to take load off the ammeter and bulkhead connector.

The wires from the relay to the headlight need to be replaced. The "trigger" is from the harness. You can also tap trigger wires off the old headlight sockets, if you prefer not to cut into the stock harness. I cut and removed the OEM sockets, replaced them, and tapped into the harness just in front of the battery. There is also a seperate ground wire from the relays AND the headlight sockets that run back to the battery - terminal.

Attachments

• p1010001.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 85
-
Back