Headlight on warning buzzer ?????

-

RedFish

Reaction score
( 1 )Has anyone added a headlight on warning buzzer to there car ?
If your answer is yes ;
( 2 ) Where did you get it ?
( 3 ) What did it cost ?
( 4 ) Was it easy to install ?
If your answer is no ;
( 5 ) Do you wish you had one in your car ?
( 6 ) If it can be installed in 2 minutes or less
without cutting wires or doing any harm at all
would you pay 23.00 for it ?

I ask these questions because ;
( A ) I have these working in 2 of my cars.
( B ) I cant build and offer them for that price unless I build 50 units.
( C ) I really dont have the capital to invest / gamble.

And for those who might be thinking, " I wish he would leave the electrical stuff alone and finish the console brackets " I put a little over 24 hours into those this week and plan to get back on them , with a helper , Monday morn. They are comming right along.

Thanks to all
Happy Moparing

My 69 Barracuda had a factory one. It also had a light around the ingnition switch from the factory but I never got it to work.

My 69 Charger had that option and when I parted the car out, I saved the buzzer and harness. It's going inmy Dart wagon. Am also adding the headlight delay from an E Body

sent from my I Phone

I just added a "headlight on" light to the custom dash I installed in my Ramcharger. It serves the purpose pretty well.

i used a door bell chine from radio shack, about 5 dollars

I was thinking of adding a modern relay that shuts them off for you after 2-5 minutes after the key is turned off. Got to look into it.

I had one left over from my days at a GM store. Just a small buzzer with 2 wires, one to ground and the other to the instrument light fuse. Easy to hook up and works like a charm. toolmanmike

i used a door bell chine from radio shack, about 5 dollars

I had one left over from my days at a GM store. Just a small buzzer with 2 wires, one to ground and the other to the instrument light fuse. Easy to hook up and works like a charm. toolmanmike

Wouldn't both those items constantly chime/buzz while the lights were on?

the stock one in my 69 dart comes on when the ign is off and the lights are on with the door open, IIRC

Redfish, want pics?

Wouldn't both those items constantly chime/buzz while the lights were on?
One wire is hooked to a "key on" power source and the other wire to the instrument light fuse. There must be a diode or something in there to make it work with 2 wires. Here's one like mine on e-bay. Item number: 160351059258 toolman

Mine is shaped like a lollypop. The buzzer being a thick candy and the logic circuit being the stick about the diameter of a pencil. 3M Command adhesive pad on the backside of the buzzer. Fuse taps and terminals for the red and yeloow wires and a forked terminal on the black wire thats placed under the screw that holds the fuse box to the dash.
But... nevermind.

This is how It is setup from the factory on my B body.

dio2.jpg

OK What was a 92 db buzzer is now a 86 db . About 2 dollars saved there and still plenty loud enough. Pre-printed heatshrink tubing was deleted also.
I still have to get 18.25 for it. I'm sure some chinaman can build it for less but I cant.
Package is complete and install is so simple you could do it in the auto parts store parking lot . What do you think ?

ULOW Device label.JPG

ULOW Device label  backside.JPG

ULOW r3.JPG

-
Back