Headlight rings - 1963 Valiant - help pls!

-

AussiePlymouths

Reaction score
OK, thanks for all the tips from everyone in my previous threads on the headlight rings (bezels) for my '63 Valiant Signet.

My question this time is this:
Should there be some type of clip behind the ring?
I have seen some references to the headlight ring "clip", but I've no idea what it looks like.
I just saw a pair of headlight rings on Ebay for '63,'64 and '65 Valiant and the seller says that "they don't have the clips with them", so there's another reference to these mysterious (to me) clips.

Anyone have any idea what I'm on about please?
If so any idea where to get them from please?
Regards
Gary

I think they are metal clips that mount behind the screw holes that prevent the screw from bending the bezel if over-tightened?

There is 1 piece of metal with a hole for the screw and a 33 deg or so bent to hold the rings on they are placed at 6 oclock postion on the fender opening.

Attachments

• clip.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 127
My 65 Dart had a wire spring on several of screws that it appears is to hold the headlight rings (off until I paint). If you can't find 63 clips, you could probably bend a wire to do similar. I don't know if that was factory in 65 or a prior owner's innovation.

On a 65 there is a u-shaped piece of stamped metal (steel?) that holds the ring to the fender. The 2 screws push on the bottom of the "U" and the legs of the "U" press against the trim to hold it to the fender. And there is the clip that hellfish posted a picture of at the bottom. This is one of those situations where the parts book would come in handy.

Thanks for all the replies from you blokes.
I am stuffed with these clips as I have no idea what they look like.
Would anyone please have a closeup picture of the lower clip and the 2 "U" shape clips please?
And more to the point, are they repo'd?????
Thanks

-
Back