Headlights?'s

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey all. One of my winter projects for the 71 is to update the headlights. I have already purchased and installed Ceackedbacks relay wiring for the headlight. But I am thinking of LED bulds or some other choice? So what are you guys running for headlights? Would you like to share your pics? Come on, let's see em'. Thanks

LED's are expensive as hell (4-600 bucks for two).
You would be doing yourself a favor and saving a lot of cash to just use the Crackedback relay kit and some decent halogens bulbs.

Once you see the difference after the relay kit is installed you might find a better use for 500 bucks.

We used the ones from Greening Auto Company. They can change the LED lay out up how ever you want them. They are Hella HIDs and they make driving at night a breeze.

Attachments

• 11138544_987276024623718_2342419896981534151_n.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 252
Whatever you do, STAY WITH DOT lamps and avoid exotic unapproved lighting. If you EVER were to get into any sort of "thing" where the courts, cops, and lawyers are involved, and "someone" notices you have

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the other party is a person who likes to play "fast and loose." It was discovered that many of the components on his heavily modified "racing" car are not approved by the Department of Transportation, and this includes the headlights, tail lights, stop lights, and possibly other components. Ladies and gentlemen, it makes one wonder what ELSE the other party .........bla ......bla .........bla"

Now is THAT something you want to hear over a little fender bender?

The GE nighthawk H6024NH headlights work very well and are reasonably priced. Seen and bought them on amazon for under $20 a piece.

If you still have original style headlights, the nighthawks are a good upgrade.

The GE nighthawk H6024NH headlights work very well and are reasonably priced. Seen and bought them on amazon for under $20 a piece.

is that wiht or without your relay kit?

I've been running some projection headlights with 9003/HB2 H4 SilverStars and almost ALL the other bulbs in my 1965 Cuda are LED's... And no factory bulb sockets or wiring have been modified... The tail lights/ license plate/parking lights/turn signals/ interior lights/dash lights (Except the radio) are LED's !!!!! Driving at night, My 35 amp alternator puts almost all the power to the headlights since the LED's draw very little!

Note: I did also have to use a Grote 44110 Flasher... for the LED turn signals to work...

Back to the Headlights... Compared to the original sealed beams, I get a WHITE light (instead of yellow) even at idle... My OLD Eyes have no problems seeing where I am going now!

Attachments

• Cuda_Grill_2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 206
  • Cuda_Grill_3.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 109
$500 or so for headlights alone?

If I was a pro night racer maybe. :D

Huh.... $20 on Amazon.com. ...

Cracked, I love the relays I got from you. But I am still using orginal style lights. I am just l looking for some more white lights, not the yellow from factory. Amazon I will shop. Thanks guys.

Here's a link to my thread where I upgraded to LED headlights. I've been very happy with them. Now if your current headlights are dim because of a lack of voltage these LED will start to flicker with to low of a voltage. In the pictures in my thread they were hooked up to the factory wiring but I've since added relays to help with voltage. Now even at idle with my foot on the brake my lights are bright and solid.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=294798

found these on ebay

Attachments

• 20150301_023302.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 195
  • 20150301_023249.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1539.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 145
-
Back