Headliner trim? What's it called?

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

I'm probably going to switch my interior over to black in the future Everything is easy to find or buy accept 2 things, the headliner trim that runs from the A pillar down to the base of the back seat window. What's the correct name for that piece. Also the interior rear window molding that seems to be really hard to find.

Sails... headliner Pieces....Used $20-30..New $50-60
If you talking about the trim that goes around the rear window...I am looking for some for 69 Roadrunner as mine is like a Potato Chip.
Service book calls it Interior Window Trim..l always add Plastic/Vinyl so I do not get them pricing Chrome for exterior..Used $60+ or -... New $100

You didn't mention what vehicle it's for. On my '70 Swinger, they are both painted the same as the upper door frame color. I don't know what you would call that side molding. It clips over the pinch weld that the headliner folds over and keeps the headliner stretched and in place.

I think you're going to need to hit the bone yard or get them from a member. On the side moldings make sure you also get the clips that slide inside them. The clips are what hold them in place. The interior molding for the rear glass has a couple different lengths of trim screws too.

You didn't mention what vehicle it's for. On my '70 Swinger, they are both painted the same as the upper door frame color. I don't know what you would call that side molding. It clips over the pinch weld that the headliner folds over and keeps the headliner stretched and in place.

I think you're going to need to hit the bone yard or get them from a member. On the side moldings make sure you also get the clips that slide inside them. The clips are what hold them in place. The interior molding for the rear glass has a couple different lengths of trim screws too.

Sorry about that. 69 Dart.

are yours missing ? you can just repaint yours black,

Not missing but the interior of my Dart is white and I'm switching it over to black interior. I guess I could just paint them, I never thought of that.

Pulled mine off, rattle canned mine, turned out great.

But, what do you replace it with if it is all cracked and crumbles when you take the headliner out to install a new one? I am working on a 68 Dart 270 4 dr.

-
Back