headliner

-

hamesdart

Reaction score
well got my headliner from year one this week, im installing it rite now, what an adventure haha, No idea what im doing but im going for it, its about half way there and looking good, After this I can say I have done everything on this car. Ill get pictures sooon!!!

Wonder if its possible to salvage a headline mine in the dart is mint and I would love to save it? Dont meen to Hijack just thought I would throw it in with yours

depends... if it was glued in some spots it will be very difficult other then that the rest front and back is held on by little teeth it hooks onto and you would have to stretch it past the old spot were it hooked up..
after all that the savings = about $65 haha
I just junked mine and bought new. Its turning oout ok...
getting some wrinkles but Ill see how it all stretches out

well I got pretty much wraped up. I cant find the mounting holes for the lamp light on the rooof or the holes for the coat hanger hooks but ill keep looking, got some good wrinkles though after its all done so I guess I have to try the let it set up and get a heat gun and wet rag on it?
not sure if they will all come out but not bad for my 1st time doing it by my self

kudos to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had 3 people helping to hold up my abs headliner and 3 hours later I was still looking for the visor screw holes! A week later and AHHHHHHHHHH...it is beautiful.

as someone said..If it was easy, everyone would own a Mopar!

If it is a fabric headliner which is what it sounds like, you want the wrinkles out...don't use a heat gun. You want to shrink the whole thing so it gets pulled tight on the barbs. Get a kettle of water and put it inside the car and do up all the windows this will do the whole liner. If your happy with the job and only a few small wrinkles are showing then hit with the heat gun, do around the outside of the wrinkle first, in a circle, then slowly move into the center of the circle, heating the wrinkle itself. By the time you get to the center, the outside is cooling and shrinking, pulling out the heated wrinkle in the center.
AL

got any instructions on how to do this...was year one better than Legendary...my friend is ready to order one for his valiant...Is fabric better than vinyl...

I used the ABS headliner because I did not want to purchase the bows to put up the fabric headliner. The headliner in my dart was made of thick cardboard, which does not use bows. I bought my headliner from Jims auto in NH, 209.00 with the sails. All made by the same company in CA(Acme ),just all sell for different prices. Not too hard to do, just need a pair of hands to hold up, and take it slow!!!!!!!

well I got pretty much wraped up. I cant find the mounting holes for the lamp light on the rooof or the holes for the coat hanger hooks but ill keep looking, got some good wrinkles though after its all done so I guess I have to try the let it set up and get a heat gun and wet rag on it?
not sure if they will all come out but not bad for my 1st time doing it by my self

If it is the perforated vynal coated cloth it won't shrink much. Of all the things I did on my car that is the one I wish I had paid someone to do. 10 years latter I am still looking at some wrinkles that I could never get out.

You need to do it on a hot day so it will stretch more if the wrinkles are not to bad it will shrink some. I did mine my self and it came out preety good exept for the 1/4 panel area were there are still soe wrinkles in it.

-
Back