Heads for stroker?

-

nitrojunkee

Reaction score
Well, I'll be pulling the motor out of the Dart and tearing it down soon. Seems that it ran into some detonation and lifted the head allowing some coolant by the head gasket. There wasn't any water in the oil that I could see. So assuming there is no other real damage, which I'm pretty sure there isn't. I think I'm going to build either a 512 or 528ci out of another 440 block I found. I want to keep this motor around 8.7 to 9.0:1 as far as compression goes, and make it a solid roller motor. As far as the grind goes, I'm going to make some calls and do some research. I want a bigger cam than what was in the last motor, but nothing super radical. My biggest question is, are Edelbrock Performer RPM heads good enough for a big inch blower motor? I plan on keeping the boost around 8-10lbs. This is a blow through D1SC setup, by the way.

One more thing, who's stroker crank and rods have any of you had good experience with or recommend?

a good friend of mine has used a few different brands as far as cranks.. our cast crank 408 cuda runs in the 10 teens. but thats na.. id get a forged unit if i were you with a boosted app.. i dont know much about the rb stuff.. eagle? scat? ohio? lol

-
Back