Heat block off intake gasket?

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I got the mopar heat block off intake gasket set and was wondering the best way to install them?

The kit came with the gaskets,2 alum block off plates,and 4 yellow plugs.

Can someone help me out me here?

Thanks.
John

I used Ultra Gaskets when I rebuilt my 318;
I used some epoxy in the crossover ports in the intake to block the intake manifold side of the gasket from any excess pressure.

It has worked fine for 3 years for me so far.

Use a very small amount of 3m weather strip adheasive and glue the metal block off plates to the head to hold them in place. Let dry. The yellow plugs are used to hold the gasket in place. Look at the heads and two holes on each head are wide at the opening of the bolt hole to accept the plugs. Lay gasket on heads then put two plugs in each side to hold gasket in place.

Use a very small amount of 3m weather strip adheasive and glue the metal block off plates to the head to hold them in place. Let dry. The yellow plugs are used to hold the gasket in place. Look at the heads and two holes on each head are wide at the opening of the bolt hole to accept the plugs. Lay gasket on heads then put two plugs in each side to hold gasket in place.

So do I remove the yellow plugs before installing the intake?

Thanks for the help.

John

So do I remove the yellow plugs before installing the intake?

No they stay in place. You don't have to use them if you don't want. You can put a few very small dabs of weather strip adheasive to hold the gaskets to the heads instead of using the plugs.

Ah-ha,
You would think the yellow plugs would melt.
Interesting.

Very good.
Thanks for the help.

-
Back