HEATER CABLE ROUTING 65-66 Cuda

-

66cuda

2011Armada K of C 1st PL
Reaction score
OK....I did not take this one apart so I am having a lil issue trying to determine how the heater controlls on the dash relate to the controll arms on the heater box. This is a no air car and there are two controlls on the dash and three cables on the heater box.....can someone diagram what goes where? picture? drawing? I can find pics of the heater box and pics of the controlls but that just leaves me with exactly what I have infront of me...2 controlls and 3 cables what goes where?

Here you go. Hope this helps.
HKeller

heater.jpg

HKeller thanks....I have this part of it pretty much down, where I am getting lost is how the three cables connect to the 2 cable controlls I know which cable is the fresh air I know which cable diverts the heat & defrost there is another cable that limits the airflow coming out of the heater compartment. WHich controlls are for which cable? in the pic you sent it showsand names the following cables
Temp Def cable
Temp cable
Def cable
There is only ONE heat defrost diverter that diverts the hot air flow to either the deforst tubes or the heat or both
There is a fresh air diverter that allows air into the heat compartment
and there is a limiting diverter that allows out out of the heat compartment for a total of three diverters and three cables
On the controll face there are only 2 "sliders" that control cables
1 says OFF heat defrost
2 says ------------------------warm

Obviously one slider controlls 2 cables but which one? and which 2?

looking at the front of the heater box. top slider - cable on the left controls the heater/ defrost door which is the control on the left side of the box. 2nd cable on the top slider controls the middle control on the box which shuts off all air flow. bottom slider is the hot/cold control which is the door on the right side of the box. hope this makes sense. I just took my box out today to change the heater core and clean the 2lbs of crap out of the box.
When you move the top slider from off to heat position it opens the door in the middle of the heater box. Adjust that cable first. then when you move it from heat to defrost it moves the control on the left side of the box. Adjust that cable next. If you watch the slider control when you move it , it only moves 1 cable at a time. Be sure to oil the slider up good.

OK I think I get ya...the top slider controlls 2 cables and 2 doors, the bottom one controlls the fresh air flow from the outside...did I get that right?

That's it. and your cables attach to the standoffs with a clip and a screw. I hope you still have those or it's impossible to attach and adjust the cables.

-
Back