-
Status
Not open for further replies.

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Contact seller
This 68 Barracuda is a factory A/C car and I have found just about everything that I need to put it back to original. The one piece of the puzzle that is missing is the heater hose valve that's mounted on the passenger side inner fender, I am told that it is not reproduced. My question is #1 does anyone happen to have a good one, and #2 for those of you that have been here before me what valve have you used that works and does not require any big modifications?
Thanks in advance
Bob

Bob,
I had the same difficulty restoring mine. My valve was a leaker. I hate to say this, but I ending up using a GM one. Form, fit and function, with the only difference was the angle of the vacuum hose fitting. Let me know if you want to go that route and I'll dig up the PN.

This car is not going to Barrett Jackson or any other big shows, so please dig up the part number at least I will have an option if I can't find the right one.
Thanks
Bob

I’ve got a couple used ones - no idea if they work or not.
4B0CC5AD-360F-4FE3-9231-49D110C98876.jpeg

I also have a NOS unit I finally found for my 65. I’m converting it to factory AC and wanted it to look and function properly.

I would have to look as I seem to recall I found enough NOS parts to put together another unit

A small vacuum servo with a single vacuum line has a return spring inside. Typically a vacuum reservoir found in that system too. Servo for this early Chrysler application has 2 vacuum lines. I'm guessing that this large servo also serves as a reservoir or no reservoir is required since there isn't another vacuum reservoir in this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back