HEI 70 Dart

-

coltonp

Reaction score
Hi , new to this forum so here is my question, I converted my 70 Dart slant six to a 69 318 V8. I purchased a electronic distributer for it to convert to HEI. I have a new coil etc. the HEI distributer has a black wire and a red wire out of it, were do they go?? what do I keep of the old. any help please. I recieve no insruction with the new distributer. ( model Pro billet wp8913m)

Welcome, I'm a points man right now. But I'm sure the red is Hot to coil. And the black is ground to?. Look on the web. Do a search. I'm sure it cannot be that hard to find out what you are looking for.

Hi , new to this forum so here is my question, I converted my 70 Dart slant six to a 69 318 V8. I purchased a electronic distributer for it to convert to HEI. I have a new coil etc. the HEI distributer has a black wire and a red wire out of it, were do they go?? what do I keep of the old. any help please. I recieve no insruction with the new distributer. ( model Pro billet wp8913m)
Red to positive side of coil and black to negative side of coil. You might have to cut off the connecter and solder new spade connectors to connect to the coil. Use heat shrink for that factory look. Everything else stays the same. Including the hot lead to the positive side of the coil. Ballast stays in place.

-
Back