Hei distributor

-

BodyBag

Reaction score
I'm on the home stretch with my 5.9 magnum swap in my 64 valiant. I put a msd style distributor in but can't figure out which wire should go to the "tach" spot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the place on the distributor where it needs to plug in to.

20201104_122105.jpg

Do you have a tach in the car? If you do it is usually a green wire. If not you do not need anything hooked to the tach pin.

Do you have a tach in the car? If you do it is usually a green wire. If not you do not need anything hooked to the tach pin.

LOLOL This is not true. The green wire connects to a stock Mopar coil NEG terminal. The same terminal IS the tach terminal on the HEI

LOLOL This is not true. The green wire connects to a stock Mopar coil NEG terminal. The same terminal IS the tach terminal on the HEI
True you just said what I said. lmao He has a 64 Valiant so it wont be a factory tach and the replacements had blue, red, black and a green wire meaning the green wire goes to the tach terminal.

True you just said what I said. lmao He has a 64 Valiant so it wont be a factory tach and the replacements had blue, red, black and a green wire meaning the green wire goes to the tach terminal.

That is not what you said. "If not you do not need anything hooked to the tach pin."

Well the tach has to hook SOMEWHERE

That is not what you said. "If not you do not need anything hooked to the tach pin."

Wow you are reading too deep into that if he has no tach there will not be a green wire therefore he does not need anything hooked to the terminal.

Read my 1st statement that you quoted really slow and you can see what I said. It started with do you have a tach in the car?

-
Back