Hellcat charger!!

-
They aren't trying to recreate anything. They are setting the bar. And a high one at that. You cannot compare the Hellcat's to the old muscle. Plain and simple. It's apples to oranges. These cars are the NEW muscle cars, and simply blow away anything ever built "from the factory" for street use thus far. Go back to 1970. When a Hemi was a $800 option. Most people couldn't afford that, and went with the cheaper 440. Same applies today. That's why there were so few Hemi cars, hence the money they pull now. It really pisses me off that I need to defend Mopar, especially on a Mopar dedicated site. People ***** and complain that we haven't had a rear wheel drive car for so many years, but yet when we are graced with a BADASS example, we still cry. Fuckin$ stupid. Bring back the K car!! Please, pretty please!!!

I agree. I love my Challenger SRT8 and I am constantly thinking about trying to swing the Hellcat.

Seen the Hellcat Charger at the Dodge booth at the Woodward Dream Cruise. All I can say is that car is very bad *** in person.

Look guys,the fact that they offer it up for purchase alone has to be credited to fiat.old Chrysler corp.would have built 1 models,not changed the styling for say 7 years.id like to see hellcat offered up in a 300 and even a ram.whatever vehical that fits your purpose of daily transportation can once again be exciting to drive.i drove my brothers 2014 hemi 8 speed 4dr ram to Carlisle,when I dropped the hammer it come to life like no truck I've ever driven,pure frickin joy listening to her scream though factory exhaust and I never thought of the two extra back doors when it wants to cruise at 90 miles an hour.i was like watching for the cops to bust me for having to much fun.my ram is now a dinosaur!

this car sucks. only 700+ horse power
4 doors to haul the family
way to low of a price tag compared to the competition
way to fast
looks way too nice
the only real down side is auto trans only

if it had 1,000 horse power, a original style 426 hemi and reproduction charger body people would still find something to complain about

I would love a hellcat Charger, but my Puny 300+HP 220 cubic inch V6 will have to do for now. I still am not sold on the front fascia of the new Charger, I still like the style on mine, but maybe once I see it in person, I will change my mind? I think mine looks more menacing, grimacing, while the new charger seems to be, well smiling lol

I honestly think the Fiat partnership is the best thing for Chrysler. Yes the dart and charger aren't retro but not everything can be. Of course even if they were some would still complain. Not everything has to be stuck in the past people need to move on. Sure we would all love to see a smaller lighter challenger and a two door charger and all that but the fact of the matter is that dodge now has TWO 700hp beasts on the market, one with two doors and one with four, which makes sense. In my opinion Chrysler is making the best cars they've made since the muscle car era, both in performance and style. Hell, we should just be thankful that dodge still exists, let alone in first place in the horsepower war.

Posted via Topify on Android

I don't usually chime in on these "argument threads" as they never seem to go anywhere but are fun to read. I myself am an old school hot rod/muscle car guy. I'm not a fan of fuel infection, power steering, power brakes, air conditioning or cruise control. However, I would sell my left lug nut to get a hellcat anything!

I don't usually chime in on these "argument threads" as they never seem to go anywhere but are fun to read. I myself am an old school hot rod/muscle car guy. I'm not a fan of fuel infection, power steering, power brakes, air conditioning or cruise control. However, I would sell my left lug nut to get a hellcat anything!

Your a better man than me, lol, I need at least one car with A/C, I see your in AZ, so I am not sure how you do it bro, I know it gets allot hotter there than it does here in So Cal

ide trade my 13 R/T challenger and 14 ram express in for a all wheel drive or 4x4 ram 1500 hell cat,,,in a hot minute,,,

It does share a few characteristics as the Dart. But that doesn't mean it looks bad. It looks great! No one would be bitching if the Dart came out AFTER the new Charger. Then everyone would be sayin "Oh, the Dart looks like a mini Charger Cool!" The Charger is a total badass. Compare it to it's competition. A Camry, Taurus (the SHO is pretty awesome), SS, Impala, Accord. The Charger comes with many good opinion (AWD!) and V6 sports tons of power AND it's rear wheel peal! What else could you ask for? I don't mind it being a four door. If you think about it, it appeals to the same market as it did in the 60's. American don't buy two doors anymore.

Notice the guys bitching about the looks and it being a four door, are the same guys that whined and cried about the Challenger Hellcat lol. I for one love the looks of the new Charger. Who gives a $hit that it has 4 doors. Get over it! A two door Charger is a thing of the past. We should all be thankful FIAT is building record breaking cars that are actually somewhat affordable, and kick the bowtie and blue oval boys straight to the curb. Man I cannot wait until hybrid bullshit takes over. Imagine the crying!

AGREED!! It has a HEMI! And before ANYONE says its not a REAL HEMI take a look at the head, the configuration of the valves, the setup of the rockers and pushrods... And then tell me it's not a HEMI. If that not a HEMI, a 707 HP car that gets 20mpg, then I don't know what is.

Notice the guys bitching about the looks and it being a four door, are the same guys that whined and cried about the Challenger Hellcat lol. I for one love the looks of the new Charger. Who gives a $hit that it has 4 doors. Get over it! A two door Charger is a thing of the past. We should all be thankful FIAT is building record breaking cars that are actually somewhat affordable, and kick the bowtie and blue oval boys straight to the curb. Man I cannot wait until hybrid bullshit takes over. Imagine the crying!

Here here!!!

Seen the Hellcat Charger at the Dodge booth at the Woodward Dream Cruise. All I can say is that car is very bad *** in person.

Bob I was there as well and it was released to much fan fare. I must say the car looks better when you are standing next to it than from photos. Bad *** Agreed!!!

This has to be the most BADASS and patriotic burnout I've seen! Merica!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRtZKXCjbUU"]The Ultimate 2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat Red White & Blue Triple Burnout! - YouTube[/ame]

Personally I love the merger to fiat it has benefited both sides, it's way better the Daimler who kept all the good stuff for their Mercedes and gave the crap plastic to Chrysler. I'd own either hellcat, I had a 06 charger srt8 handled awesome with good tires. I do agree they could have done better on the front facia but hey take that red key with you and I don't care what it looks like cause it will be haulin ***. I'd take the charger over the challenger like others I like the easier access to the back seat, I have a 4 year old and it's just easier buckling him in. Only reason I got rid of my charger was I needed a truck so out with the charger in with a new 3500 ram diesel.

Not a big fan of 4 door muscle cars the 2 words don't belong together! And I guarantee you it will never out sell the Challenger! My dad and I looked at both of these cars and it was a no brainer to buy the Challenger. Can't wait to take delivery and get started on the add ons to make ours one of a kind and take it to the strip and see what we can break LOL!!!!

Attachments

• 419454.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 164
...and yet no manual trans.....

Pass.

I'd take a Hellcat Magnum with a 6 speed manual.

don`t care what anyone says, one way or another, I still want one!

Exactly what my dad and I told the guy at Dodge when we ordered our Hellcat Challenger! Its just a toy like all the others we all have and everyone has their favorite mopars!

I'd hit that!

"...top speed governed only by gearing and aerodynamics..."

Top Gear UK, PLEASE flog this against a Lambo on an open road and tell us how terrible this US car is....! Forget the twisties, this is wide open USA!

Notice people over look the design (for the most part) of the car because it has a 707 hp motor. I want to know if the 300 will get hellcat engine.

They will no longer even put the hemi in the 300

-
Back