Hellcat Crashed in Colorado

-
With at least two others only a few threads down. Five still on the first page.

Honest mistake.

You caint be serious. lol

Just because you can afford it, doesn't mean that you can handle it....

Instead of the "12 days of Christmas" we have the 12 threads of poor little rich bastard wrecking his bought hot rod....

My presonal feeling are this newer cars are better stuff is just a myth...sure they steer and brake better but when it comes to handling and crash worthy, I feel the older 70's and maybe even older cars were better..yep.

Ok, a newer car can go around a corner fast but how is it at high speeds on not so smooth roads, why they go out of control easier, IMO

Watch the old Crazy Larry, Dirty Mary film, that car was flying down the 2 lane roads and U can see how the car would go up and down from the dips on the roads. Today's cars are too stiff, they are like a shopping cart with no springs. They roll over easier and spin out easier. The old cars could fishtail while speeding off down the roads, todays cars spin out and or the traction control limits the take off speeds.

Crazy Larry also slam into a truck that was pulling out and flip it over, Larrys car did not lose control, it was able to keep on going....any newer car would have been wasted and the people inside badly hurt, if not killed.

There was good reasons the older muscle cars had narrow tires and soft springs, those cars handle better on rough roads, IMO....more roads were dirt back then and cars were built to handle well on dirt roads.

If the road is perfect smooth and flat, yeah the newer cars handle great--maybe better but on real world roads, I feel safer in a older car...have totaled out 2 cars so far and so far never lost total control of my 70's Magnum..and I used to fly down dirt roads when I was younger with it..only owned it for 20 years now, hopefully I get another 20 more years from it, ha ha

My presonal feeling are this newer cars are better stuff is just a myth...sure they steer and brake better but when it comes to handling and crash worthy, I feel the older 70's and maybe even older cars were better..yep.

Ok, a newer car can go around a corner fast but how is it at high speeds on not so smooth roads, why they go out of control easier, IMO

Watch the old Crazy Larry, Dirty Mary film, that car was flying down the 2 lane roads and U can see how the car would go up and down from the dips on the roads. Today's cars are too stiff, they are like a shopping cart with no springs. They roll over easier and spin out easier. The old cars could fishtail while speeding off down the roads, todays cars spin out and or the traction control limits the take off speeds.

Crazy Larry also slam into a truck that was pulling out and flip it over, Larrys car did not lose control, it was able to keep on going....any newer car would have been wasted and the people inside badly hurt, if not killed.

There was good reasons the older muscle cars had narrow tires and soft springs, those cars handle better on rough roads, IMO....more roads were dirt back then and cars were built to handle well on dirt roads.

If the road is perfect smooth and flat, yeah the newer cars handle great--maybe better but on real world roads, I feel safer in a older car...have totaled out 2 cars so far and so far never lost total control of my 70's Magnum..and I used to fly down dirt roads when I was younger with it..only owned it for 20 years now, hopefully I get another 20 more years from it, ha ha

You must be kidding?!:wack:

Yea just like the old cell phones. I mean they had so much more service, the cameras were so much better, the sound quality was 2x what it is today. I mean things that were really good were made a few decades ago before that annoying technology advanced.

Hid a tree head on at 50mph with any car from the 60s-70s and you'll most likely die. Do the same with any new car and you've got a pretty decent chance of being alright!! I like old cars a lot better but when it comes to safety the new cars will smoke the old ones!

hid a tree head on at 50mph with any car from the 60s-70s and you'll most likely die. Do the same with any new car and you've got a pretty decent chance of being alright!! I like old cars a lot better but when it comes to safety the new cars will smoke the old ones!

x2

-
Back