Hellcat HP

-

notenoughcash

Reaction score
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fhnO95drbA&feature=youtu.be"]SRT Hellcat Performance - YouTube[/ame]

:D:D

When Chrysler was dropping hints that it would be over 600 horse they weren't kidding!

707 hp? Holy f***ing ****!

awesome im glad they are finally in the game and not on the bench watching the the others spin by lol:D

Hope it's not a fake video. That'll be badass.

Just food for thought. All of the HP estimates now are NET. I wonder what the gross is? 950?

Just food for thought. All of the HP estimates now are NET. I wonder what the gross is? 950?

That's a good one. Didn't think of that. Amazing what 40 plus years have done.

Well by f*cking God's good graces, its ABOUT TIME! WAY TO GO MOPAR! (thats one not said in awhile!!!!)

Rob, GREAT point!!!! I wonder too what Gross would be! Holy ****!

I'm impressed........

Considering the percentage drop back in the early 70s from gross to net, the gross on 707 net could be 1000 HP. It has to be close. I agree it's about time, but here's the kicker. If you think they're gonna be had for under 100K, think again. Watch what I tell you. I'll be REAL surprised otherwise. Remember when the Prowler came out? They were touted as the 30K factory hot rod. When they were finally available, they were twice that.

Love the Challenger and the new 6.2 Hellcat supercharged V8 but it appears that they have maybe evened out the playing field. When you consider the Dodges weight it has a power to weight about identical to the 662HP GT500.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Rh-z-0aeEhg"]2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat -- Tech Review with Ralph Gilles & Crew - YouTube[/ame]

9 minute video on the total car...

Thanks Tony. That was cool.

Even MORE food for thought... Imagine what they'll be puttin out when ppl start cranking up the boost!!!

Oh yeah. Lottery don't fail me now. I could see that car in a satin black or gray .dark rims and Windows.

B5 baby!! B5!!

Vomit. There's enough B5 cars runnin around that if they never make another one, it'll be a great thing. Now Lemmie go throw up some more.

I too am curious in regards to the price tag. How do the "net" horsepower ratings work? I've not heard about this before.

In reading the comments below the video, that 707 HP rating seems to be at the crank. Not a big deal to me, but depending on drive train efficiency, that still means any where from 550 to 600 HP to the ground. That's still probably a hell of a lot more than a street suspension can hook.

I too am curious in regards to the price tag. How do the "net" horsepower ratings work? I've not heard about this before.

Gross HP is what the engine will dyno at the crank.

Net HP is output, still at the crank, but with all options ( power steering, A/C, alternator, etc.) driven.

"Net HP, is often confused with Rear Wheel HP (RWHP), but they are two different animals.

"RWHP", is the actual power that the car delivers to the ground.

Gross HP: Engine (only) at crank shaft.
Net HP: Engine, with all power options driven, at crank shaft.
RWHP: Actual power delivered to the ground.

Hope this helps.

Oh ok. I knew about crank (gross), and wheel, but was unsure about net. Thanks frankie

The difference between gross and net is easy to see. Look at specs for 71 engines, then for 72. That's when the change was made.

Oh ok. I knew about crank (gross), and wheel, but was unsure about net. Thanks frankie

There's one more aspect to all of this, It isn't HP, gross, net, or otherwise that moves the car, it's torque (or "grunt) that move you down the road. HP ratings are more a measure of efficiency, while torque is the true measurement of power.

The difference between gross and net is easy to see. Look at specs for 71 engines, then for 72. That's when the change was made.
Noted. Learn something new every day

There's one more aspect to all of this, It isn't HP, gross, net, or otherwise that moves the car, it's torque (or "grunt) that move you down the road. HP ratings are more a measure of efficiency, while torque is the true measurement of power.

Right.

-
Back