Hello! 1973 Scamp - my first MOPAR...

-

Nevada Scamp

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

After I finished my previous project car last year - a 1983 Porsche 928 (which was an absolute nightmare to work on) I decided to go with something more simple and reliable for my next project. So when a neighbor of mine was selling a '73 Scamp that had been sitting on the side of his house for 10 plus years, I decided to take the plunge. This is my first MOPAR vehicle. It would have been nice to have a Challenger or a Charger, but one has to start somewhere.

I've been working on it for the past few months getting it road ready and so far everything is going well. It is all original, right down to the AM radio, and only has 82,000 miles on the odometer. It goes in for a paint job at the end of the month, so I wanted to post some "before" pictures. It will be painted its original "Rallye Red" color with a white top in lieu of the vinyl that was removed.

The slant six runs good, aside from some minor issues with the electronic choke I am working on. It doesn't smoke at all, but I think it needs a valve adjustment as there is a ticking sound when it runs. I have some questions that I will post later in the appropriate sections of the forum, but I thought I'd make my first post here.

Anyway, thanks for the forum. I've spent some time reading posts here and it is a great resource.

Attachments

• 20150703_132417.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 20150703_132429.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 20150703_132437.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 88
Welcome to FABO, currently in sunny Hawaii, not completely sure where I'm going next :/

Looking forward to seeing more with your Scamp.

Welcome! A little buffing and a faux vinyl top using some bed liner and that thing will shine!

-
Back