Hello from Amherst,Va

-

unclebear

Reaction score
I am a recent retiree who now has time for a long negected project.
My 1981 dodge D 150 shortbed has been parked for 34 years ! My wife has been trying to junk it for 33 of those years ..
I am now trying to bring it back to life .
Back in 1988 I had the block and transmission [ 5 speed ] rebuilt .
Ripped out the air pump and clean burn sysytem .
Installed a Clifford intake with a Holley 390 and a set of hooker headers .Oh it has a mild cliiford camshaft also .
I have removed the bed,sandblasted the frame and painted it with Rust Bullet black shell.
All new stainless brakelines,drums ,rotors calipers and master cylinder . The rear brakes are finished along with new springs and shocks .Still working the front brakes .
The control arms have been sandblasted and painted with new bushings and ball joints. I am having trouble with a upper arm.Bent the first one and I cant get the ball joint out of the junkyard replacement .
I have the engine bay painted and I just sprayed the block blue today .
The valve cover is rusted thru so I bought a chrome one off of E bay .I know now that 81 and up have hydraulic lifters and their own style of valve cover ...
Gonna pull the oil pan tomorrow and clean it up.
I will be posting a few WTB adds in the near future.
I sure am glad I did not give in and trash my old work truck !

Gotta get her running! Let us know how we can help. Ps Wheres the pics! We like to know what we are helping with.

Oh she is running !
First thing I did was install a new holley 390 . Feed it from a gas can and she fired right up .I swear you cant kill those slant sixes !
And I will work on some pictures .

IMG_5971.jpeg

-
Back